5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratched rims after new tires

Ripcurl134

Reaction score
I recently got new tires from a local shop and the nightmare started there. They installed the wrong tire and to top it off I have scratches on my rims about 1 inch from the outer edge of the rim. The shop is telling me that they will buff out but I’m not so sure. Does anyone know how to properly repair rims on a 2019 ram limited with 20s? Every rim has these same scratches after the tire replacement. For the most part the local shop is ghosting me on fixing this, so I’m hoping someone knows a good way to restore this back to the factory state.

Ripcurl134

Reaction score
This scratch is around every tire. Does anyone know what the shop did to cause this? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpeg
    IMG_0536.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 48

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
There should be no ghosting ****. Pull up to the shop and make them fix it, if they say they will buff it out, let them do that and if they make it worst, new rims for you.
And If its on all 4 tires in the same spot from the looks of it, it was the Tire Changer Machine they have.

Last edited:

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
that scratch looks like it's from tire machine when uninstalling old tires and installing new tires.
could buff off, depends on how deep it is.

worst case scenario take them to a wheel repair guy and should be able to paint match it.

Ripcurl134

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. The scratches are in there. If you run your nail it will catch in there. I’m hoping they can buff it out, but to my untrained eye it doesn’t seem that way. Does anyone know a good rim shop in new Jersey? Also to top it off and add to the drama, i got the wrong tire installed. Can anyone recommend a good tire? 90% highway and 10% snow. I am looking for a nice quiet ride with decent snow and wet traction.

Thansk

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
thanks for the replies. The scratches are in there. If you run your nail it will catch in there. I’m hoping they can buff it out, but to my untrained eye it doesn’t seem that way. Does anyone know a good rim shop in new Jersey? Also to top it off and add to the drama, i got the wrong tire installed. Can anyone recommend a good tire? 90% highway and 10% snow. I am looking for a nice quiet ride with decent snow and wet traction.

Thansk
if you can catch your fingernail then it's too deep. a repaint and paint match is required. can't buff that.

Users who are viewing this thread