5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratch removal

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Hey guys I noticed a lite scratch on my passenger side with the plastic bed rail meets the box, can anyone recommend a good product to try and take it out without potentially causing more issues?

goDawgs65

Reaction score
try a polish first or even a car cleaner wax. pics would help the more qualified post suggestions. :)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Depends on how deep it is and go from there. Like @goDawgs65 said, more details/pics would help.

Cheers,

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Finger nail does not catch so its not very deep
Thanks. I'd try ScratchX first and go from there.

You can apply it by hand. I've had good results with it with minor scratches. If that doesn't work, you'll need something with more bite, but I'd try this first.

Ride2little

Reaction score
Be sure to mask off the plastic cap or you’ll have scratchX chalk for a while. Blue painters tape works well.

swarggs

Reaction score
Try the old soap and water trick. Spray a soapy mixture on the scratch and wipe off with a micro fiber cloth. If the scratch dispears and then reapears it is probably isolated to the clear coat. If that's the case it'll come out with some polishing or maybe wet sanding. Id start with a good polish and move up if that doesn't do the job.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks. I'd try ScratchX first and go from there.

You can apply it by hand. I've had good results with it with minor scratches. If that doesn't work, you'll need something with more bite, but I'd try this first.

I just used the ScratchX after trying polishing compound. Like to give you a big thanks for the recommendation, as of now I can not tell where the scratch was. I don't know if sunlight will show other, but I did my best to see the scratch and it looks GONE. Thanks again.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I just used the ScratchX after trying polishing compound. Like to give you a big thanks for the recommendation, as of now I can not tell where the scratch was. I don't know if sunlight will show other, but I did my best to see the scratch and it looks GONE. Thanks again.
You bet. Glad to hear!

bautistasamuel

Reaction score
It looks like a very light scratch. For the light scratches, a car scratch remover can be a good option. I have already experienced light scratch in my vehicle, and that's why I am telling to try you a scratch remover. If you want recommendation, I will tell you to try Carfidant Scratch and Swirl Remover. It worked great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread