5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotch Guard

sparty569

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has use Scotch Guard or something similar on their interior?

I have a 6 year old that always seems to get hungry while driving around, and he made a MESS of my Commander. I'm trying to see if I can avoid the mess without using a seat cover.

79 300

Reaction score
I didn't use it on this truck but I did on my last one. I can't really say if it helped or not. The seats looked good after 5 years, but I don't really know how they would have been without it. Be sure to mask off any plastic trim around the seats, it left a white stain that was hard to clean off. I didn't bother on this truck. I think they have some sort of stain guard from the factory.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i used a product from adam's called "fabric protector". Its a new product tho, so not really sure how well it works. i havent spilled anything yet so cant say from my experience

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your best bet is to get a seat cover. I have used scotch guard on the suede pieces on my leather seats, mainly to protect from dye transfer from my jeans. Works well so far. I reapply the scotch guard a few times a year after an interior detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online