5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same suspension geometry as 2018

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was on the phone with ready lift and looking into the control arm for the 2018 and 2019 and ready lift it's the same one. I've also seen a motofab 2.5 spacer from a 2018 used on a 2019 and it's a direct fit. So if that's the case than we should be able to use dirt king upper control arms with king shocks and what not from the 2018 ram. Just a theory but I'm sure its 90% true. Same goes for the back since a shock is just a shock...nothing special to it.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was on the phone with ready lift and looking into the control arm for the 2018 and 2019 and ready lift it's the same one. I've also seen a motofab 2.5 spacer from a 2018 used on a 2019 and it's a direct fit. So if that's the case than we should be able to use dirt king upper control arms with king shocks and what not from the 2018 ram. Just a theory but I'm sure its 90% true. Same goes for the back since a shock is just a shock...nothing special to it.

Many of the pieces seem to be the same. I don't know about all of them though. CV joints, spindles, etc. If it was all the same I am sure somebody would have already thrown a 4th gen lift kit on a 5th gen. I know the struts are different as somebody posted them already side by side and by a bilstein 5100 showing they would not work to level it. The 2019 strut is longer than the 4th gens.

Icecold77

Reaction score
I'm looking for the same answer. I understand the 19 control arm combined with a spacer stresses the joint.. works for a while.. Can't find any aftermarket struts without buying a whole kit- that I dont want.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking for the same answer. I understand the 19 control arm combined with a spacer stresses the joint.. works for a while.. Can't find any aftermarket struts without buying a whole kit- that I dont want.
As far as I know there are not any aftermarket struts yet. Fox makes the ones for the Mopar 2" lift but I do not believe they are sold outside of that kit.

Users who are viewing this thread