5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running board/side steps missing mounting studs

BlkJk

Reaction score
i Have a 5th gen 3500 Big Horn, went to install side steps and found I do not have the factory mounted studs under the truck. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

i Have a 5th gen 3500 Big Horn, went to install side steps and found I do not have the factory mounted studs under the truck. Has anyone else ran into this issue?
Does it have holes instead? The heavy duty trucks didn't get the complete redo like the 1500s received.

My 2016 2500 had holes that were used for step installs. Looks like nothing changed between the 4th and 5th gen heavy duty trucks. Maybe look for OEM/aftermarket steps and look at the instructions just to verify.

Does it have holes instead? The heavy duty trucks didn't get the complete redo like the 1500s received.

My 2016 2500 had holes that were used for step installs. Looks like nothing changed between the 4th and 5th gen heavy duty trucks. Maybe look for OEM/aftermarket steps and look at the instructions just to verify.
Yes, it has holes. It’s the only 2019 I’ve seen without the factory mounted studs. Upgraded from 2008 and didn’t have the same issues with side step installation. I already have steps, purchased from someone that had them on their truck only a couple months, just needed hardware. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Attachments

• 1CC024B3-F800-47A9-B47E-F428110D7F32.jpeg
    1CC024B3-F800-47A9-B47E-F428110D7F32.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Yes, it has holes. It’s the only 2019 I’ve seen without the factory mounted studs. Upgraded from 2008 and didn’t have the same issues with side step installation. I already have steps, purchased from someone that had them on their truck only a couple months, just needed hardware. Any recommendations would be helpful.
That's what my 16 2500 looked like. From what I have searched briefly your truck is the same as gen 4 since Ram didn't change anything on the HDs except interior features and exterior appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back