5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Board Brackets

BeardedGnome

Reaction score
I just bought my 23 ram rebel, and bought the trx/offroad style running boards used, and I do not have the mounting brackets. Anyone able to help me out with finding somewhere to purchase these?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wait, you mean the person who sold you these didn't include the mounting brackets? That's just wrong. How did you not think to ask for them? Probably an obvious question, but have you tried contacting the person who sold them to you? I'm thinking you'll need to contact the parts guy at your local dealership and see if they can help you if you can't get them from the guy who sold the running boards to you.

BeardedGnome

Reaction score
Wait, you mean the person who sold you these didn't include the mounting brackets? That's just wrong. How did you not think to ask for them? Probably an obvious question, but have you tried contacting the person who sold them to you? I'm thinking you'll need to contact the parts guy at your local dealership and see if they can help you if you can't get them from the guy who sold the running boards to you.
He gave me the wrong ones by accident, I contacted him to see if he had the others but have not received a response just yet. I'm hoping he gave me the wrong box by mistake.

Already tried talking with the dealership, parts guy says that the brackets aren't sold separately from the boards, but I was hoping someone might have some insight about alternative brackets that would work and or another option.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah I kind of figured they wouldn't sell the brackets separately. Just figured it was worth a shot. Short of making your own or modifying what you have, I don't recall anyone here mentioning having to go through what you're going through. So you're likely the first here. Trailblazing is fun, isn't it? Hopefully I'm mistaken and someone here will chime in with a solution.

BeardedGnome

Reaction score
Yeah I kind of figured they wouldn't sell the brackets separately. Just figured it was worth a shot. Short of making your own or modifying what you have, I don't recall anyone here mentioning having to go through what you're going through. So you're likely the first here. Trailblazing is fun, isn't it? Hopefully I'm mistaken and someone here will chime in with a solution.
It would be nice, but I guess my luck has run out. Know anyone that wants some awesome off-road running boards (brackets not included)? Lol!

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would be nice, but I guess my luck has run out. Know anyone that wants some awesome off-road running boards (brackets not included)? Lol!
Did you happen to get these off FB Market Place? I saw a set for sale without the brackets for ~$850 and thought it was a bit peculiar to not have the brackets.

BeardedGnome

Reaction score
Ya, it was marketplace. Supposedly these were new but were nowhere near that much. Just didn’t do my research on brackets before hand.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ya, it was marketplace. Supposedly these were new but were nowhere near that much. Just didn’t do my research on brackets before hand.
But you actually have the boards in hand, just not the mounting brackets, correct? If so, you might have luck with some local junk yards. Just need a totaled TRX without damage to the rocker panels.

BeardedGnome

Reaction score
But you actually have the boards in hand, just not the mounting brackets, correct? If so, you might have luck with some local junk yards. Just need a totaled TRX without damage to the rocker panels.
Correct, I think that’s my next plan of action is to look around at junkyards for the brackets. I can find the hardware. Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread