5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RUN ACC and OFF. When I tap my Start/Stop button to turn off the engine, half the time the truck goes into ACC mode. Why?

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
If should go from RUN to OFF. I spoke with my salesperson and they said I may be holding the button too long. I tried to just barely tap it to turn the truck off and it still goes into ACC mode with Accessories on. When I open the door to get out of the truck it beeps/alerts me it is still on. What do I do? 500 miles on the truck.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like the ignition switch needs to be replaced. Is it easily repeatable? Get it into the service department and let them see for themselves.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Sounds like the ignition switch needs to be replaced. Is it easily repeatable? Get it into the service department and let them see for themselves.
If I turn the truck on 8 times in a day it will happen 3 in a row at any random time. My dealership is an hour away, so that part sucks lol

sergetexan

Reaction score
I have occasionally experienced the same thing, thought I was tapping twice, now I will keep on eye on it, let us know how they correct.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Are you putting the truck in park before turning it off? I have noticed if I don’t put it in park, the truck will put itself in park and go to acc mode and not turn fully off.
Omg that is what I have been doing wrong. Thank you. I am not used to having to turn a knob to put a vehicle in park. How foolish of me. Thanks.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
I have occasionally experienced the same thing, thought I was tapping twice, now I will keep on eye on it, let us know how they correct.
It is currently in the shop for PPF until the 8th but I will report back if I was just an idiot and was not putting the vehicle in park first

Users who are viewing this thread