5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubbing issues with aftermarket UCAs?

ramain

Reaction score
For people who have installed after market UCAs, do you have issues on tires rubbing with UCAs when using wider tires like 285, 295, or 12.5? Or do you have negative offset wheels or wheel spacers to clear?

Some aftermarket UCA manufacturers said that their UCAs need negative offset wheels to clear even for 295 tires. For example, Carli UCAs Boxed Upper Control Arm.

Debating on whether I should return a set of JBA UCAs (they are very vague on whether factory wheels (+19 offset) could fit or not. But I strongly suspect that they cannot clear factory wheels even with 285 tires) or bite the bullet to buy a new set of wheels. I guess that I can use this chance to switch to 18inch wheels but the brake caliber clearance issue will be another rabbit hole...

Wife is already unhappy with $ that I have thrown in this project :oops:

Choate

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I bet hardly anyone on here has those. Why not just get ready lift tubular if you’re worried about clearing it w factory offset wheels. Plenty of people using that w no issues rubbing the control arms on 35x12.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online