5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubbing issue

c_st_718

Reaction score
Hey guys not sure if this has been answered or not on the forum but I have a 2019 bighorn. Installed trx wheels with a 2 inch spacer...I rub pretty badly whenever the wheel turns..anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
What’s your truck specs? ORP, air ride, or normal suspension? How big are the tires? are you lifted/leveled?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You need more than a 2 inch spacer

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Is it just the wheels with stock 18" tires or are you running the complete takeoffs with the 35" tires?

I suspect takeoffs if it's rubbing that much, if that's the case you should contact Gandalfgrey on this forum, he also installed TRX wheels and tires on his truck along with a few other members.

From what I remember reading, you will need to have at least a 2" level with 1.5" spacers, this will likely still require some trimming and repositioning of the fender liners, zip ties and possible removal of the small mini rock guards as well to avoid any heavy rubbing.

Lots of info from this thread: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/i-got-some-trx-take-offs-on-my-rebel.29417/

c_st_718

Reaction score
Is it just the wheels with stock 18" tires or are you running the complete takeoffs with the 35" tires?

I suspect takeoffs if it's rubbing that much, if that's the case you should contact Gandalfgrey on this forum, he also installed TRX wheels and tires on his truck along with a few other members.

From what I remember reading, you will need to have at least a 2" level with 1.5" spacers, this will likely still require some trimming and repositioning of the fender liners, zip ties and possible removal of the small mini rock guards as well to avoid any heavy rubbing.

Lots of info from this thread: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/i-got-some-trx-take-offs-on-my-rebel.29417/
Yeah I'm running the 35" tires, I put 2" spacers on and I'm looking at the level kit as well. It seems like most put them on the rebels and don't seem too have a rubbing issue.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Yeah I'm running the 35" tires, I put 2" spacers on and I'm looking at the level kit as well. It seems like most put them on the rebels and don't seem too have a rubbing issue.

The Rebels have slightly stiffer front springs, which creates a 1" lift from non off-road packaged trucks, which helps a bit for Rebel owners adding the take-offs. Even then, to avoid heavy rubbing, most of them still eventually install a 2" level. The ones not getting any rubbing are running the TRX wheels with 33" tires.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Hey guys not sure if this has been answered or not on the forum but I have a 2019 bighorn. Installed trx wheels with a 2 inch spacer...I rub pretty badly whenever the wheel turns..anyone have a solution?

Thanks!
Ditch the 2 inch spacers and install a 4 inch lift.

Users who are viewing this thread