5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country RAM 6" LED Grill Kit

geotex1

Reaction score
Anyway to install switch where the airside suspension switch is for those of us who don’t have it?

Your cleanest install option is to step back to the early 2000s. Get a remote control switch that has a compatible frequency to Homelink. Wire lights to this and program one of the open Homelink buttons. Can do this for around $50, and you need a one button remote (i.e., same button on and off) or you lose two Homelink buttons. Otherwise, you're mounting an ordinary switch somewhere or getting an expensive remote switch center. I can't believe FCA took out the upfitter auxiliary switch options, and I have to time warp for a clean install (I despise non-factory look).

VanLith10

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I have the same setup minus the 2 grille lights. My high beams shoot out further than the RC light bar....

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I have the same setup minus the 2 grille lights. My high beams shoot out further than the RC light bar....

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for saving me some money. I may do a left/right and rear setup after my move to Arizona. Will be used for camping/overlanding.

VanLith10

Reaction score
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for saving me some money. I may do a left/right and rear setup after my move to Arizona. Will be used for camping/overlanding.

I was a little disappointed, however this is my first light bar and had high expectations. I believe the headlights on this truck are top notch as well. If I did it all over again, I would purchase the kit and use more of a rigid type light bar IMO

geotex1

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed, however this is my first light bar and had high expectations. I believe the headlights on this truck are top notch as well. If I did it all over again, I would purchase the kit and use more of a rigid type light bar IMO

Everyone does Rigid... However, if you get into the nitty gritty of it, Baja Designs are the platinum standard.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for @mike12193 for locating this link for me!

I want to order those for my Laramie Sport and it appears those are so bright (the dual 6") that they should not be used as running lights?
I also have a 20" I was going to install on another vehicle but will install it in the lower grill like I see here.

Reaction score
Lower 20 inch. The lights are much brighter than in the pics and they are adjustable. View attachment 15372
That is damn impressive that the building lights up from that distance. Just bought a new 2019 Limited 1500 on Friday. I think like all of us digging around for accessory options to add, we come across these light bars. before even finding this Forum, I picked out the 6'' upper set, and 20'' lower set. Now just waiting on info from the Dealer and another place on what the installed cost would be. Also found a 60'' tailgate light bar to add on as well. Where did you place/install the switches for the front LEDs?

M

Mdegen93

That is **** impressive that the building lights up from that distance. Just bought a new 2019 Limited 1500 on Friday. I think like all of us digging around for accessory options to add, we come across these light bars. before even finding this Forum, I picked out the 6'' upper set, and 20'' lower set. Now just waiting on info from the Dealer and another place on what the installed cost would be. Also found a 60'' tailgate light bar to add on as well. Where did you place/install the switches for the front LEDs?
I know the 20” will work on the limited but I don’t think the 6” will fit in your grille. I’d check on the RC website

Reaction score
I know the 20” will work on the limited but I don’t think the 6” will fit in your grille. I’d check on the RC website
Thanks for the follow up! Yeah it's been kind of a miss finding after market parts for this 2019. Have never had this kind of issue with all my trucks in the past. I kind of expected it knowing I was getting a new model, but come no Mopar... Have been looking at the new Cold Air Intake and Black Bed Rail Bars too, no idea when these will come out, and other options are limited. Will come back to this post with what I find out on the front LED kits on my Limited. and with the rear Tail Gate Light Bar. For those interested, this was what I found for that which seems pretty high quality: https://realtruck.com/p/putco-blade-led-tailgate-light-bar/v/ram/truck-1500/2019/ (60'' w/ no Amber)

M

Mdegen93

Thanks for the follow up! Yeah it's been kind of a miss finding after market parts for this 2019. Have never had this kind of issue with all my trucks in the past. I kind of expected it knowing I was getting a new model, but come no Mopar... Have been looking at the new Cold Air Intake and Black Bed Rail Bars too, no idea when these will come out, and other options are limited. Will come back to this post with what I find out on the front LED kits on my Limited. and with the rear Tail Gate Light Bar. For those interested, this was what I found for that which seems pretty high quality: https://realtruck.com/p/putco-blade-led-tailgate-light-bar/v/ram/truck-1500/2019/ (60'' w/ no Amber)
The mopar intake is available. TFL truck just released a video installing a bunch of mopar accessories. But it’s around a grand usd lol. I have the afe cold air on mine and love it

Reaction score

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I can tell you I have that Mopar exhaust and mine doesn’t sound like that. Which is probably why my wife was ok with taking it over lol.

Reaction score
Well I can tell you I have that Mopar exhaust and mine doesn’t sound like that. Which is probably why my wife was ok with taking it over lol.
I decided to give this Flowmaster Muffler a try: https://www.cjponyparts.com/flowmas...l-tips-5-7l-hemi-dodge-ram-1500-2019/p/717847

sound sounds good in the video, should have it on later this week. Didn't want to go too loud, just a little sound bump and maybe bump in performance with the muffler and cold air intake added.

Reaction score
WOW this went from 6" LED lighting to Intakes and Exhaust, quick
lol sorry. Just started using the forum. Will work on that so different topics don't get added in on single topic posts. I have been getting zero information back from the Dealer that I just bought my truck from. Forest Lake Chrysler in Minnesota. Have asked 5 times now if they can get pricing on this and some other parts, along with install cost. Now looking to get installed somewhere else who will be more happy to take my money. He's looking into this 6'' LED kit for my Limited, along with some other stuff. Will update again here when I hear back. I know comments above said this 6'' kit might not work with the limited due to the air intake. But... having just watched the installation for the new Mopar Cold Air Intake that is coming out, that intake in the grill opening where the LED light would go gets sealed anyways. So the Cold Air Intake might actually solve that problem.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL just picking! .. I was talking to my salesman over lunch and they are not yet able to get the Ram Air.. They may be able too once mine preorder delivers. I was not able to get the Supercharger either, so if I want it, I'll have to order from Mopar direct and have the local dealer install (to keep my warranty).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online