5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Pocket Style Flare Install

Lateralus

Reaction score
I needed a set of flares. as the new tires were throwing debris up on the fenders and generally making a mess. I went with these because they are available, and reasonably priced. There is very little info available on them at this point, so I figured I would post up some pics.

The fit and quality was pretty good. They did not include enough of the rubber trim, so I only have three flares on for now (pissed): I was 14" short. They answered the phone when I called at 4:30 today, and said they will ship another roll out first thing Monday; we'll see how that goes. Easy install, and does the job.

IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1938.JPG
IMG_1939.JPG
IMG_1940.JPG
IMG_1941.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG
IMG_1946.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I needed a set of flares. as the new tires were throwing debris up on the fenders and generally making a mess. I went with these because they are available, and reasonably priced. There is very little info available on them at this point, so I figured I would post up some pics.

The fit and quality was pretty good. They did not include enough of the rubber trim, so I only have three flares on for now (pissed): I was 14" short. They answered the phone when I called at 4:30 today, and said they will ship another roll out first thing Monday; we'll see how that goes. Easy install, and does the job.

View attachment 10241
View attachment 10243
View attachment 10244
View attachment 10245
View attachment 10247
View attachment 10248
View attachment 10249
View attachment 10250
View attachment 10251
Looks good. I am dropping my flares off at a shop as I type this to get them painted to match. I almost ordered the Rough Country but wanted something just a little taller. Ended up getting the Bushwackers. Can't wait to get them painted and then put on.

Vic

Reaction score

View attachment 10241
View attachment 10243
View attachment 10244
View attachment 10245
View attachment 10247
View attachment 10248
View attachment 10249
View attachment 10250
View attachment 10251

Nice writeup -- thanks. Where did you buy them, if you don't mind my asking? I'm curious they didn't send you enough rubber trim, but were quick to respond to your call. That's a negative and a positive for the seller. Not sure whether to look for a different seller or not.
Thanks.

Lateralus

Reaction score
Nice writeup -- thanks. Where did you buy them, if you don't mind my asking? I'm curious they didn't send you enough rubber trim, but were quick to respond to your call. That's a negative and a positive for the seller. Not sure whether to look for a different seller or not.
Thanks.
I got them off eBay but the seller was Rough Country. They had free priority shipping, so I got them in 2 days. Sadly, I could only put 3 of them on.

As is turns out, I have to pull the rears off to install my lift, so it didn't end up being too inconvenient (wheel well liners have to come off, so thereby the flares do too).

Reactions: Vic

Vettethret

Reaction score
Looks good. I am dropping my flares off at a shop as I type this to get them painted to match. I almost ordered the Rough Country but wanted something just a little taller. Ended up getting the Bushwackers. Can't wait to get them painted and then put on.

here did you get your Bushwhackers? I've been calling everywhere and no one has them in stock?

Vettethret

Reaction score

View attachment 10241
View attachment 10243
View attachment 10244
View attachment 10245
View attachment 10247
View attachment 10248
View attachment 10249
View attachment 10250
View attachment 10251
Those look really nice, do you have nay pics from directly behind the truck?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here did you get your Bushwhackers? I've been calling everywhere and no one has them in stock?
Bushwacker 50924-02

That's the part number. Google it and you will see plenty of results. I just checked and many sites have them in stock. The Bushwacker site is out of stock at the moment. I ordered mine from a guy on eBay.

Most of the pictures are a default picture of the Chevy flares but as long as it is the part number listed above you will be okay. Even the Bushwacker site has a default Chevy picture.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273527698977

This is where I bought mine. Had them at my front door in 4-5 days. Also got 10% eBay bucks back. I believe there is 8% eBay bucks going on until tomorrow.

Lateralus

Reaction score
Those look really nice, do you have nay pics from directly behind the truck?
No. I'll try and post that up once I'm done putting my lift on.

Rough Country actually sent me another set of flares since it was quicker than getting me the required trim rubber...

Vic

Reaction score
No. I'll try and post that up once I'm done putting my lift on.

Rough Country actually sent me another set of flares since it was quicker than getting me the required trim rubber...

That's crazy!

Vic

Reaction score
They did not include enough of the rubber trim, so I only have three flares on for now (pissed): I was 14" short.

View attachment 10243

Mine came Friday and before I ordered I mentioned your experience and asked if they still had this problem. Response was, "This issue has been resolved." So, I ordered and included a note, "please send enough rubber trim material."

Guess what? I'm 14" short on the 4th fender too! Pissed too! It's Sunday, so no one available. Rough Country -- you suck.

Lateralus

Reaction score
Mine came Friday and before I ordered I mentioned your experience and asked if they still had this problem. Response was, "This issue has been resolved." So, I ordered and included a note, "please send enough rubber trim material."

Guess what? I'm 14" short on the 4th fender too! Pissed too! It's Sunday, so no one available. Rough Country -- you suck.
At least I now have a spare set of flares if I ever damage one!
Not sure why they don't include enough of the trim; it's a known quantity that is needed.

Vic

Reaction score
I called them this morning and they were somewhat disbelieving me. They didn't offer me anything like the deal you got -- said it would have to come from the vendor and he didn't think they were open today. I asked if they couldn't just open a box there and send me enough to cover one fender, and he hesitated said that would be an option, but he wanted to try his vendor first. I didn't get any warm fuzzies from him.

Lateralus

Reaction score
They told me is was quicker to send the whole box, and that they would send a return label when I was done. Never got the label. I guess it just depends on who you get.

Vic

Reaction score
I got an automated email later today indicating I had an order on the way; no specifics. But, I'm hoping that's a positive sign.

Vic

Reaction score
Update: Not a positive sign. The order update was just them ordering more rubber seal, which when I called today, they said they still haven't received. So i won't be able to finish the project this weekend either. :mad:
I stand by my earlier assessment of Rough Country customer service.(n)

Runningwithbeers

Reaction score

View attachment 10241
View attachment 10243
View attachment 10244
View attachment 10245
View attachment 10247
View attachment 10248
View attachment 10249
View attachment 10250
View attachment 10251
How long did it take from them to send you the additional weather stripping? I got a set on Tuesday of last week and discovered I was also short about 14" of weatherstripping on the last flare. They said they'd send me a roll but no dice so far. Doh just saw you got another set of flares rather than another roll of stripping. Maybe I should have ordered through a third party rather than Rough Country's web site.

Thanks
Jay

Vic

Reaction score
Took a full week from the day I called them to get the new roll of seal from their vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread