5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country or ReadyLift 3.5" lift install in AZ recommendations?

Ciege

Reaction score
Caveat: First time looking to do a lift on a truck and not inclined enough to even consider doing this myself.

I want to purchase and have installed the Rough Country or ReadyLift 3.5 lift on my Laramie. Reason being I want to keep the stock 22" rims (since I like them) but want to add more aggressive, larger tires.

Is this something I can go to the dealer to have done? Will they order the kit and appropriate parts?
Is there anything else I need to get other than the kit listed on the Rough Country website?
Are there other shops I should consider to do the work other than the dealer?
What does this do to the warranty?
What price ballpark should I consider as reasonable?

Sorry for the noob questions, but well... I am a noob in the world of full size trucks.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Troop2865

Reaction score
You can read reviews on both the Readylift and Rough Country lifts by doing a search on this site. In general, it seems like most people are happy with both brands of lift.

I have Readylift Upper control arms on my truck. They are a quality piece.

I have seen many dealers advertising new Ram 1500 trucks with both of these kits installed. I believe the dealers who installl them will make sure the warranty work is covered.

I purchased the lifetime warranty and it specifically says it will only cover lifts up to two inches. I am sure that is why the FCA Fox lift system is limited to two inches.

Do a search on Readylift 3.5 lift. One of the guys on here quotes what he paid to have it installed. Remember, you will need to have your alignment checked after it is installed. It seems like the price was around $500 for installation.

My thoughts are if you could get a dealer to install the kit, it might cost a bit more, but I would think they would make sure to cover everything under warranty. It is probably a good idea to discuss this with your service manager before the installation.

Foster432

Reaction score
Caveat: First time looking to do a lift on a truck and not inclined enough to even consider doing this myself.

I want to purchase and have installed the Rough Country or ReadyLift 3.5 lift on my Laramie. Reason being I want to keep the stock 22" rims (since I like them) but want to add more aggressive, larger tires.

Is this something I can go to the dealer to have done? Will they order the kit and appropriate parts?
Is there anything else I need to get other than the kit listed on the Rough Country website?
Are there other shops I should consider to do the work other than the dealer?
What does this do to the warranty?
What price ballpark should I consider as reasonable?

Sorry for the noob questions, but well... I am a noob in the world of full size trucks.

Thanks!
Have you installed your lift? I just got mine on today. Went with ready lift and had 33x12.50 on the stock 22s put on

Ciege

Reaction score
Have you installed your lift? I just got mine on today. Went with ready lift and had 33x12.50 on the stock 22s put on
No, life kind of got in the way. How's the fit with those wheels and tires? I'm assuming you used a 3 inch lift right? What tires did you get?

Foster432

Reaction score
No, life kind of got in the way. How's the fit with those wheels and tires? I'm assuming you used a 3 inch lift right? What tires did you get?
I understand that. The fit is great. No trimming or any rubbing.
I have always ran toyo m/t, but this time I went with the ridge grapplers and so far, so good. They are really quiet and the ride is still good- it does not ride exactly like stock, as expected, but it still rides great especially for the set up.

3.5” ready lift
33x12.50x22 nitto ridge grappler

I have a Laramie sport WITHOUT off-road package. I have the strut and preload spacer installed.

For the prices: $899 plus labor. Labor will probably run you in the ballpark of $250. If you are trying to save I would ask them about a cash deal. As far as the dealer doing the work, I think it all depends on the dealer. If you have a good local shop they should be able to do it easily.

I was told by my dealer it should not have an effect on the warranty, but I am in with them pretty well.
This is the outcome so far. I didn’t want to go all out from the get go. The 33s are a preference. Most like 35s but I think they are too much for a half ton. The 35s would probably look a little meaner, but I like the extra room with the 33s. Of course it’s all preference.

Attachments

• C8423209-AE1A-48AE-9C10-CAE685AE676D.jpeg
    C8423209-AE1A-48AE-9C10-CAE685AE676D.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 299
  • A5EE305C-FF20-44A9-ADDF-9BEB53DCBCE3.jpeg
    A5EE305C-FF20-44A9-ADDF-9BEB53DCBCE3.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 301
  • 68B3299E-2A46-4301-A4DC-A64AF266F5DC.jpeg
    68B3299E-2A46-4301-A4DC-A64AF266F5DC.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 284

airvista66

Reaction score
Foster, That truck looks great. Been searching for that exact set up for awhile now. Ordering my truck as soon as the Pano roof is available to select again. Do you think a 35 would rub? You think a 34 could fit without any trimming from what you can tell on full lock turns? I'm coming from a '14 with a 35x11.5 and really want the same size rubber, though I'm on 20s now and plan on going with the 22s. Thanks

Foster432

Reaction score
Foster, That truck looks great. Been searching for that exact set up for awhile now. Ordering my truck as soon as the Pano roof is available to select again. Do you think a 35 would rub? You think a 34 could fit without any trimming from what you can tell on full lock turns? I'm coming from a '14 with a 35x11.5 and really want the same size rubber, though I'm on 20s now and plan on going with the 22s. Thanks
Thank you. I’ve got the pano roof and it’s one of my favorite parts about the truck.
As far as 34s or 35s, I will crawl underneath tomorrow and take a closer look and get back with you.

SColang22

Reaction score
If you got no rubbing with 20's you wont rub with 22's. I did the rough country 3.5 with 35/12.5 and i don't rub at all

SColang22

Reaction score
I went with the rough country 3.5” lift with 35/12.5/20. I love it. Taking off the steps and new wheels next. I have no rubbing.

Attachments

• 76F20BED-35F9-4963-9846-7424C4A6F091.jpeg
    76F20BED-35F9-4963-9846-7424C4A6F091.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 7716C5A7-ABDB-48AE-9C11-33BDAE0C9AF0.jpeg
    7716C5A7-ABDB-48AE-9C11-33BDAE0C9AF0.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 216

Tac747

Reaction score
I went with the rough country 3.5” lift with 35/12.5/20. I love it. Taking off the steps and new wheels next. I have no rubbing.
Did you not install the rear portion of the lift or is it just an optical illusion. By the photo's it appears the front is higher than the back.

SColang22

Reaction score
Did you not install the rear portion of the lift or is it just an optical illusion. By the photo's it appears the front is higher than the back.
If anything the rear is still higher than the front. The pic just looks that way

Users who are viewing this thread