5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country or Gator

JayP

Reaction score
Any advice on the Rough Country soft roll up tonneau or the Gator ETX soft roll up tonneau? I have a 2020 Ram 1500 and it has came down to these two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I had a gator soft tri-fold on my 11 ram and the quality was great. Never had a problem in the 5 years I had it. On my 21 ram I have a MaxMate soft roll up cover I got off of Amazon for $179 shipped to my door. This one too has been great for me. If you're limited to the two options you listed I would opt for the gator cover otherwise search because you can get the same thing for less money

JayP

Reaction score
I had a gator soft tri-fold on my 11 ram and the quality was great. Never had a problem in the 5 years I had it. On my 21 ram I have a MaxMate soft roll up cover I got off of Amazon for $179 shipped to my door. This one too has been great for me. If you're limited to the two options you listed I would opt for the gator cover otherwise search because you can get the same thing for less money

The Gator and the Rough Country was really the two that caught my eye. I know I want a roll up though. Just seeing what worked for everyone.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
The Gator and the Rough Country was really the two that caught my eye. I know I want a roll up though. Just seeing what worked for everyone.

I don't blame you on the roll up cover. I had a trifold cover which was nice but the full access to the bed with the roll up was even better. Like I said previously, I got mine roll up off Amazon for a fraction of the price of the gator roll up. Go to Amazon and search for "soft roll up cover for 2020 ram and there should be a bunch that pops up. Just make sure they are for the new body style (DT) and your bed size.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Gator ETX. Been in the truck for three years. No issues at all. Good quality can open and close tailgate without having to pop the tonneau.

JayP

Reaction score
I have the Gator ETX. Been in the truck for three years. No issues at all. Good quality can open and close tailgate without having to pop the tonneau.

Is the waterproof of the Gator ETX pretty good? Any water get in the bed?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the waterproof of the Gator ETX pretty good? Any water get in the bed?

No matter what cover you have, water will get into bed through the gaps in tailgate. That is only place water comes in

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online