5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Loaded N3 2" leveling struts

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought Rough Country N3 Leveling Struts and will have it professionally installed. What do you guys think of this leveling struts in particular? I checked out rough country website and there were over 3,000 favorable reviews about this particular leveler. Anyone here using this leveler?

v/r

Rick

rguy200073

Reaction score
I have the same setup and installed it myself. Great factory-like ride and looks awesome. I have roughly 7,000 miles on them at this point and have had 0 issues. Now, the truck is never used in the way that I feel will allow this leveling kit to shine, but with the replacement upper control arms to go with it, you cant beat the price and quality over factory.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 29

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of my RC struts. Almost 10k miles on them and zero issues. I love how they firmed up the front end. And paired with the Hellwig rear sway bar, the floaty boaty feeling is long gone. Taking curves is fun now. The daily commute with them is pleasurable as well. I don’t have any negative aspects to date for these bad boys. Time will tell how long they last but I anticipate at least another 40k miles (just a guess).

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same setup and installed it myself. Great factory-like ride and looks awesome. I have roughly 7,000 miles on them at this point and have had 0 issues. Now, the truck is never used in the way that I feel will allow this leveling kit to shine, but with the replacement upper control arms to go with it, you cant beat the price and quality over factory.
Glad to hear that you are very satisfied with the N3 setup. Is the upper control arm replacement necessary? If it is then I will have to saved up for that too. BTW, nice truck, love the red accent.

v/r

Rick

Last edited:

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of my RC struts. Almost 10k miles on them and zero issues. I love how they firmed up the front end. And paired with the Hellwig rear sway bar, the floaty boaty feeling is long gone. Taking curves is fun now. The daily commute with them is pleasurable as well. I don’t have any negative aspects to date for these bad boys. Time will tell how long they last but I anticipate at least another 40k miles (just a guess).
I now feel good about my purchase. I'm also having the install people install an Airlift 1000HD air bags and RC N3 rear shocks. To compensate for the rear sag when I hook up my trailer.

v/r

Rick

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I now feel good about my purchase. I'm also having the install people install an Airlift 1000HD air bags and RC N3 rear shocks. To compensate for the rear sag when I hook up my trailer.

v/r

Rick
Sounds like a good plan. I went with Bilstein B12 1.5” coils and 5100 shocks in the rear. Rides exactly how I like it.

RC has great customer service as well. Plus a 3 year warranty on the struts. Any issues and they don’t hesitate to correct it.

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had an appointment to have my RC leveler installed along with the RC rear shock absorbers and an Airlift Airbags 1000HD last Friday 7 Jun. Unfortunately they weren't able to install the leveler because the missing wheel lock key. But they were able to install the rear shocks and the airbags. I was surprise they only charged me 180.00 to install the airbags and 75.00 for the rear shocks. I thought that was great! Anyway, the air bags and the new RC shocks gave the rear of my truck an inch lift from 38" to 39". The airbags currently have 10lbs psi in it. The ride was a tiny bit stiffer than before but I love it. Can't wait for the leveler to be installed.

As for the wheel locks, I went to O'Reilley's and was able to buy the same lock set "Dorman" and was lucky enough for the key to fit. So I have to make another appointment for the installation of the leveler.

Jpb

Reaction score
Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I’m putting the 2” rough country loaded struts on my 2020 ram 1500 4x4 big horn. I will be running factory wheels. Can I fit 295-60-20’s? Can I possibly go with a 295-65-20? Also any pics of guys running this set up is appreciated.

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I’m putting the 2” rough country loaded struts on my 2020 ram 1500 4x4 big horn. I will be running factory wheels. Can I fit 295-60-20’s? Can I possibly go with a 295-65-20? Also any pics of guys running this set up is appreciated.
I have the N3 loaded struts also and running 35/12.50R20 on 20X9 +18 wheels. Check your wheel offsets and check out this link 35/12.5-R20 vs 295/65-R20 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World

v/r

Rick

Lezmark

Reaction score
did you need to get an alignment after installing? how about headlight adjustment? thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread