5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country 6inch Lift & Wheel Size

MikeRobertson

Reaction score
So Rough Country mentions that their lift kits will not work with 18inch wheels, but I’ve seen people use the RC with 18inch wheels.
I’m looking to confirm fitment and curious why RC says you can’t run 18inch wheels.
Yes I’m aware about the bore knuckle sizing being a reason smaller wheels won’t work.

All I’m looking to know is if I can run my current wheels which are:

Method MR305 NV 18x9 -12mm 6x5.5 108mm CB

Below is a picture of RC website that says 18s won’t fit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

42FE0F35-648F-49BE-9577-6E4115B4250D.png

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So Rough Country mentions that their lift kits will not work with 18inch wheels, but I’ve seen people use the RC with 18inch wheels.
I’m looking to confirm fitment and curious why RC says you can’t run 18inch wheels.
Yes I’m aware about the bore knuckle sizing being a reason smaller wheels won’t work.

All I’m looking to know is if I can run my current wheels which are:

Method MR305 NV 18x9 -12mm 6x5.5 108mm CB

Below is a picture of RC website that says 18s won’t fit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 124429
Well if you call rough country they will give you the definitive answer but I’m guessing they are talking about factory wheels. The 18x8 with positive 18 offset will not work with the lift. Aftermarket 18 with a negative offset will work. Or factory 20’s and 22’s. Or aftermarket anysize

Users who are viewing this thread