5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country 6" lift

jamesfg

Reaction score
I'm holding out to compare RC, ProComp and FabTech. I'm going 6" but I'm not gonna jump at the first one that hits the market.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Um this dont include upgraded front shocks, that's going to be a must to keep a decent ride quality, so figure another 2 to 4 bills for good front shocks.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Um this dont include upgraded front shocks, that's going to be a must to keep a decent ride quality, so figure another 2 to 4 bills for good front shocks.
I noticed that. They have them for the rear just not the back. There is a spot to select them as an option but they don't show to be available yet. I would think they are coming soon.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm holding out to compare RC, ProComp and FabTech. I'm going 6" but I'm not gonna jump at the first one that hits the market.
I'm not jumping at it, just putting it out there. I'm still undecided. I have the Readylift leveling kit on for the moment and am trying to figure out how high I want to go.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Had a 6" RC on our 09 Tundra. It was a solid well manufactured kit. Time to start hunting for wheel options.

jamesfg

Reaction score
I back track. Called RC today and talked to the tech folks. I'm good with the lift. Got on the phone with my buddy and ordered wheels, tires and lift.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I back track. Called RC today and talked to the tech folks. I'm good with the lift. Got on the phone with my buddy and ordered wheels, tires and lift.

Nice. After thinking about it for a bit, I'm just going to stick with the Readylift SST. I know it isn't a "true" lift, but I will never be offroad and it will only every see 4wd maybe once a year so I'm not worried about tearing anything up. That will allow me to put on 35s instead of the 34s I have on now later down the road. The 6" lift is really a bit overkill for me anyway. I've already contacted Readylift about getting the rest of the kit since I already have the upper control arms and strut extension from the leveling kit.

jamesfg

Reaction score
I'm not complaining but wifey said she didn't want a 3" like we had on the 2500. 6" lift it is. We do a good amount of offloading and do alot of shooting in the desert when the colder months roll around.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not complaining but wifey said she didn't want a 3" like we had on the 2500. 6" lift it is. We do a good amount of offloading and do alot of shooting in the desert when the colder months roll around.
Awesome. My wife didn't have a problem with the lift either way. I put her in a new Jeep Grand Cherokee when I bought my truck so she's happy. I do have small children right now though, who want to do absolutely everything by their self. Can't imagine how long it would take them to crawl in to my truck with a 6" lift right now. I've got it leveled and on 34s at the moment and my son could barely make it in until I put on nerf bars lol.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Yeah the lift is gonna sit at my buddy's shop until AMP decides to get off their backside and release the power steps. My wife is 5'6" and she primarily pilots the Rebel, she has a little bit of a struggle at the height it's at right now. So to noooo surprise, when I emailed AMP I got the same response as alot of other manufacturers "It'll be released after SEMA"

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah the lift is gonna sit at my buddy's shop until AMP decides to get off their backside and release the power steps. My wife is 5'6" and she primarily pilots the Rebel, she has a little bit of a struggle at the height it's at right now. So to noooo surprise, when I emailed AMP I got the same response as alot of other manufacturers "It'll be released after SEMA"
Yeah, it seems like we won't see any more products until then. They want to show them off.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my wife is 5'2" and she liked the youtube vid of the 6" but will probably get a 4". when I get an eco that is. hope they come out sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread