5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country 3.5" Strut with Clayton 2.5" Rear Springs

BalckBear91

Reaction score
I recently had the following installed on my truck:
- Rough Country 3.5" strut and Rough country forged upper control arms
- Clayton 2.5" rear springs with RC 0-3 N3 Rear shocks

Before the lift: from the center of the hub to the fender flare I was sitting 22" in the front and 23.5" in the rear.

Measurements after the lift (center of hub to fender flare):
25 1/4" front driver
25 3/4 rear driver
25 1/4 front passenger
25 1/2 rear passenger

So I ended up with just a bit of rear rake. I have been riding around on it for a few weeks now and the ride quality has been great. It rides just as good, if not better than stock in my opinion. I wanted to share my setup with the fourm just incase anyone else is interested in this same Hodgepodge setup.

Attachments

• 20210522_090735.jpg
    20210522_090735.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 273
  • 20210530_101405.jpg
    20210530_101405.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 20210530_101424.jpg
    20210530_101424.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 268

Chuck19

Reaction score
Looks good! I am getting mine installed on Tuesday but I went with Supreme 2 inch spacers for the rear. If I dont like the ride with those I will try these springs.

smckelvey89

Reaction score
Just completed the 3.5 strut lift yesterday, at a friends house. Pretty straight forward lift, it was a little tough trying to get struts out. I also added the Icon 1.5" rear springs. Right now I'm about 1/4 inch nose high. I'm hoping with some time there will be some settling. New wheels and tires will be on tomorrow! tempImageQzVIRB.jpg tempImageCaesOB.jpg tempImageKHsFIq.jpg tempImagek7QsEl.jpg

BalckBear91

Reaction score
Just completed the 3.5 strut lift yesterday, at a friends house. Pretty straight forward lift, it was a little tough trying to get struts out. I also added the Icon 1.5" rear springs. Right now I'm about 1/4 inch nose high. I'm hoping with some time there will be some settling. New wheels and tires will be on tomorrow! View attachment 95366 View attachment 95367 View attachment 95364 View attachment 95365
Nice! How is the ride quality? I think the nose will settle a bit in a few weeks. What were your final measurements from center of the hub to fender flare?

smckelvey89

Reaction score
Nice! How is the ride quality? I think the nose will settle a bit in a few weeks. What were your final measurements from center of the hub to fender flare?
The ride quality seems about the same as stock. But I've only driven it a short distance. I just got the truck back from the shop. I'll get those final measurements today! here's some more pictures of the wheel and tire setup. I'll get some better pictures after I clean it!

Wheels are Method NV 18X9 -12
Tires are Falken Wildpeak AT3W 295/70R18. tempImageTKClGm.jpg tempImagef08nGM.jpg

BalckBear91

Reaction score
The ride quality seems about the same as stock. But I've only driven it a short distance. I just got the truck back from the shop. I'll get those final measurements today! here's some more pictures of the wheel and tire setup. I'll get some better pictures after I clean it!

Wheels are Method NV 18X9 -12
Tires are Falken Wildpeak AT3W 295/70R18. View attachment 95531 View attachment 95532
Great looking truck!

smckelvey89

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, it's been hectic the last couple of days. So the ride quality has been good. Since the wheels and tires went on it's been noticeably rougher, but I'm sure that's to be expected. It's still a great driving truck.

I just took the final measurements today from the center of the wheel hub to the fender. It was a little hard to get the measurements because the tires stick out so they may be slightly off a hair but here they are:

Driver Front: 25 1/2"
Passenger Front: 25 1/4"
Driver Rear: 25 1/4"
Passenger Rear: 25 1/8"

hardawong1

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, it's been hectic the last couple of days. So the ride quality has been good. Since the wheels and tires went on it's been noticeably rougher, but I'm sure that's to be expected. It's still a great driving truck.

I just took the final measurements today from the center of the wheel hub to the fender. It was a little hard to get the measurements because the tires stick out so they may be slightly off a hair but here they are:

How are your CV angles?

Ccm12

Reaction score

How do you like the icons? Impossible to find any reviews of them

smckelvey89

Reaction score
How do you like the icons? Impossible to find any reviews of them
They've been great, I haven't had any issues so far. But I haven't had a chance to haul anything yet. With the whole setup everything seems to ride close to stock

Reaction score
Did either of you have the ORP before you started this setup? Think of doing the same thing but I have the ORP coil springs for a 1in lift now.

smckelvey89

Reaction score
Did either of you have the ORP before you started this setup? Think of doing the same thing but I have the ORP coil springs for a 1in lift now.
I do not, but if you're doing a 3.5 strut lift and changing out the rear springs, it shouldn't matter

Robalo2718

Reaction score

Before the lift: from the center of the hub to the fender flare I was sitting 22" in the front and 23.5" in the rear.

25 1/4" front driver
25 3/4 rear driver
25 1/4 front passenger
25 1/2 rear passenger

So I ended up with just a bit of rear rake. I have been riding around on it for a few weeks now and the ride quality has been great. It rides just as good, if not better than stock in my opinion. I wanted to share my setup with the fourm just incase anyone else is interested in this same Hodgepodge setup.
Did you make any adjustments to the rear panhard bar or rear links? I eventually want to get back some of my factory rake and have considered the Claytons, but I assumed I would need to work on other rear suspension components to accomodate them. I usually have a 300 to 800 pound load in the back and drive on rougher dirt roads a couple times a week.

BalckBear91

Reaction score
Did you make any adjustments to the rear panhard bar or rear links? I eventually want to get back some of my factory rake and have considered the Claytons, but I assumed I would need to work on other rear suspension components to accomodate them. I usually have a 300 to 800 pound load in the back and drive on rougher dirt roads a couple times a week.
No, I didn't do anything with the panhard or rear links. Rear links are probably something I should be looking into. I seem to recall some discussion about rear links on this thread: https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...5-jeep-gladiator-springs-on-2020-rebel.24549/

wiuretto

Reaction score
Looks good! I am getting mine installed on Tuesday but I went with Supreme 2 inch spacers for the rear. If I dont like the ride with those I will try these springs.
Did you switch to these springs? How hard was it to fit a 2” spacer in the rear?

Jonandyork

Reaction score

25 1/4" front driver
25 3/4 rear driver
25 1/4 front passenger
25 1/2 rear passenger

I went with close to the same setup. After RC lift rear was ½ inch lower than front. About a month later I installed Dayton cargomaxx springs. Ride is a bit stiffer but still way smoother than any truck I've owned. Boat or camper hooked up I didnt like the squat in the back was the reason for the cargomaxx. Now I have ½ rise on the back sitting empty.

Jonandyork

Reaction score
Did you switch to these springs? How hard was it to fit a 2” spacer in the rear?
Mine wint in without any problems. Did have to unbolt just about everything except the sway bar. Now the springs (Dayton cargomaxx) I had to compress about 6 inches before they would fit in the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread