5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roll-up Tonneau for Rambox

Zinger

Reaction score
I need suggestions for a good soft roll-up cover for a crew cab with Rambox. There are so many to choose from.

Does a soft cover need integrated cross rails? I see some models have them and others don't. I need something that can support a few inches of snow. Preferably a locking/latching mechanism. No snaps. Nothing fancy, just a good cover that rolls up to a minimal size at the front of the bed when necessary.

Viking42

Reaction score
Hi, i would be intersted also, i could not find any type of cover which would fit the rambox so far

Last edited:

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
I am looking for same. I have a 2019 Rambox with Bed Utility Group on order. I am looking for a roll up cover that does not take up much room and/or is easily removable. I also want one that does not interfere with the BUG rail tie downs.

I know there are limited options for the Rambox and they tend to leak more. I would be interested in a soft cover or one with slats that is compact. With the Ramboxes being smaller boxes, I would prefer the cover to not cause me to lose a lot more width or length.

Thoughts or suggestions?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the revolver now slated for mid year, it looks like the Sentry CT is an alternative option if you want a roll up. I'm now debating between Sentry and the tri fold mx4

Bill767

Reaction score
I have the Access Loredo on our 14 Ram with Ramboxes and plan to get one for our 19 that is ordered. Very pleased with it.

LANdrew4

Reaction score
I just installed the Truxedo ProX15 on my truck. It was easy, looks great - is almost flat across, takes up almost no space when rolled up and is easy to remove completely. It installs on top of the existing rails so no clamps to install. I got it for a good price of about $430. Be glad to answer any questions. Truck cover.png

RamRMK

Reaction score
I bought my truck used with a truxedo truxsport cover on it. Its one of the cheaper options out there and while it works ok the side seals do interfere with the boxes opening all the way. My 17 with ram boxes had the ram tonneau cover which wasn’t a roll up but easier to take completely off. The ram cover also sealed better with no foam gasket needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJK

Reaction score
I just installed the Truxedo ProX15 on my truck. It was easy, looks great - is almost flat across, takes up almost no space when rolled up and is easy to remove completely. It installs on top of the existing rails so no clamps to install. I got it for a good price of about $430. Be glad to answer any questions. View attachment 73387

Ditto on this!

htownbrewer

Reaction score
I just installed the Truxedo ProX15 on my truck. It was easy, looks great - is almost flat across, takes up almost no space when rolled up and is easy to remove completely. It installs on top of the existing rails so no clamps to install. I got it for a good price of about $430. Be glad to answer any questions. View attachment 73387
Any issues with it interfering with the Ram boxes opening? I also have the cargo management rails, which I assume is what you meant for cover to install on top of. Thanks.

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
Any issues with it interfering with the Ram boxes opening? I also have the cargo management rails, which I assume is what you meant for cover to install on top of. Thanks.
I also have the Pro X15. When I open the Rambox and either side the foam cushioning on the sides of the rails does limit them opening slightly. I am assuming with time it will work itself in. However, at this time the RamBox still open fully, just need a tiny push

LANdrew4

Reaction score
It was tight on the passenger side, but after adjusting it a little it works.

Bossdog421

Reaction score
I got the TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 284901 | fits 2019 - 2020 New Body Style Ram 1500 w/RamBox from amazon.

The cover was low cost( like $260), works well, easy to hook up, and looks "OK". I do wish it was a bit more flush. The ram boxes stay open but the cover slightly impedes it, so you do have to push a bit to get it to stay open.

20201203_101347_LI.jpg 20201203_101403_LI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread