5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocky Road Outfitters Rock Sliders

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never heard of them, but they sure do look nice and well build. Curious to hear if anyone has any experience with them.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Never heard of them, but they sure do look nice and well build. Curious to hear if anyone has any experience with them.
Just looked on YouTube and the real-world reviews about their products and company do not look all that great. Might be looking at some White Knuckles…hearing good things about their products.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just looked on YouTube and the real-world reviews about their products and company do not look all that great. Might be looking at some White Knuckles…hearing good things about their products.
Thanks for the heads up!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless they've changed the mounting style (possible, it's hard to see from the pictures for the Ram) they mount to both body and frame. On a body-on-frame vehicle that's a terrible idea.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Thanks!

Open to other ideas too. Called WK and they are not making them for my truck yet. 6’4” bed with the 33g tank.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
I scrapped the whole idea of trying to go with something that is ready to just mount. I found an off-road fabricator in the Denver area who can build a whole set for me and weld them to the frame for me...about the same price if not less. Will post here when / if I get them done.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it looks like those are bolted to the body, thus transferring any force of impact onto the body/ cab.
you want the sliders to be bolted on/ welded on to the frame.

If you guy at Denver can't do it I recommend White Knuckle.
1698128408840.png

Users who are viewing this thread