5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DSP upgrade

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
In 2019 when my truck was a few months old I had a system installed that included a rockford fosgate dsr1 mestro dsp w/ Integrated iDatalink that replaced the factory amp. I also no longer have the factory amp. Well, it's time to upgraded to the new down4sound dsp that they just released, but I'm not sure what wire harness I will need. After doing a little reading it looks like the PAC ANC-CH01 might be what I need. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by factory DSP. There is no factory DSP, just factory amp.

If you don't have the factory amp, I'd just run the PAC unit with optical out add on and go directly to your DSP of choice.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by factory DSP. There is no factory DSP, just factory amp.

If you don't have the factory amp, I'd just run the PAC unit with optical out add on and go directly to your DSP of choice.
1719705402427.png
Yes, I am talking about factory amp, not dsp. Which pack plug are you referring too, because the ANC-CH01 won't work for my truck that came with a factory amp.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score

Is this the plug that I need?

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
I have HK system. I am running pac with ch4 plug in. I am sending optical out via pac directly to my dsp, into my amp, and to my aftermarket speakers.

If you don't have the factory amp you don't have the anc chip either, so what would you be bypassing?

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I have HK system. I am running pac with ch4 plug in. I am sending optical out via pac directly to my dsp, into my amp, and to my aftermarket speakers.

If you don't have the factory amp you don't have the anc chip either, so what would you be bypassing?
Good question. I had the factory alpine system and just want to order the right plug instead of wasting money and time doing r&d that someone else did. I don't know if I will run into a roadblock as soon as I pull this dsr1 dsp out and install the new dsp. I have a full down4sound system in the truck, but the dsp wasn't available until now.

My equipment

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Well the amp pac pro plus ch4 harness works with amplified systems, so it should integrate with yours just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread