5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock sliders installed

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told that if I was in the area and would let them use my truck for a week or so to figure out the mounting, they would give me a set for free. 2019 Ram Rebel Quad Cab w/ 33 gal fuel tank. Unfortunately, I'm a couple of states over. It might be worth looking into if someone is near Apple Valley, CA. Would certainly expedite the rock sliders becoming available for that model.
Oh man if I was that close I'd be all over that!

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
You can use bed liner spray. It seems popular with Toyotas, one guy even sprayed his whole truck. It is designed to survive scuffs, has a high traction surface, and is easily touched up.

BTW, how did you mount the winch?

Yeah, I already had plans to do a diy bed liner on them.

I used the hidden winch mount from @VICE design.

With the added ~500 pounds of gear I need a stiffer spring rate on the truck now. I’ll either reach out to Eibach, who did custom springs rates for me in the past, or swap out the Mopar lift for a coilover setup when those are available. BDS should be releasing their 2.5” coilover setup early next year.

Here is my son driving the truck.

Last edited:

Wilsonwanderings

Reaction score
Yeah, I already had plans to do a diy bed liner on them.

I used the hidden winch mount from @VICE design.

With the added ~500 pounds of gear I need a stiffer spring rate on the truck now. I’ll either reach out to Eibach, who did custom springs rates for me in the past, or swap out the Mopar lift for a coilover setup when those are available. BDS should be releasing their 2.5” coilover setup early next year.

Here is my son driving the truck.

2nd the request for a pic of the underside, ideally on gas tank side. Installing some here shortly and will need to get creative routing supports around the 33gal tank. Also, were the metal plates in your picture for the back side of the frame rail with nuts welded on them?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
2nd the request for a pic of the underside, ideally on gas tank side. Installing some here shortly and will need to get creative routing supports around the 33gal tank. Also, were the metal plates in your picture for the back side of the frame rail with nuts welded on them?

Honestly, your best bet is to refer to these instructions: https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/wp...1500-2019-Newer-Installation-Instructions.pdf

I'm not sure I understand your other question....The backing plates did not come with the nuts welded to it. Though, I think that would have made the install much easier. You would just have to make sure they are welded and oriented so that you can get an open ended wrench onto them because you will not be able to get a socket or a box wrench on some.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably should of said please. Anthony more than helpful here.

Users who are viewing this thread