5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rigid Industries 360-Series LEDs with backlighting - help!

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Okay, so I have wired at least two dozen sets of lights into my builds over the years ranging from the old KC'ers to the new Rigid LED Radiance light bars and everything in between so I feel I am somewhat competent on the basics.

I just recently installed (2) sets of the new Rigid 360-Series 4-inch LEDS with the back-lighting onto the front grille of my brand new 2020 Ram. The center pair are the Rigid Spot LEDs for long distance and the (2) outer lights are the Rigid Driving LEDs for close to mid-range distance:

After tearing out the dash panels, I could not find a convenient place to install the (2) round 3-position switches that came with each pair of lights (it looks like there is plenty of space behind the plastic dash panels but in fact that space is used up with more plastic molding, metal braces, switch-gear, etc.). I was going to mount the switches side by side in the flat area of the center console below the center stack but could not reach behind it to assess whether there was clear space or not. And I definitely was not going to drill 3/4" holes through the console if not 100% sure. So I decided to wire the (2) sets into (1) 3-position switch since they both have their own relays and harnesses into the small triangular panel right next to the center console (the 3-position switch is actually much deeper than the typical 2-position switch so it actually doesn't fit as flush so have to fab a collar of sorts to make it look clean). Got everything buttoned up and turned on the lights:

The 3-position light switch has (of course) 3 positions; off, back-lighting, and full-on (all 4 lights together). The switch lights up when positioned for either the back-lighting or full-on settings and all (4) lights turn on together as desired (as seen above) when selected. But when I select the back-lighting position only, I get nada, zilch, nothing.

Anyone have ideas on what I missed? The harness and switch are direct plug and play as a separate circuit so every wire has a specific numbered tab on the switch - hard to screw that up - and no tie to any other electrical systems other than the battery (and ground). I have wired pairs of lights together before with no issues when taking from separate relays but not sure why the back-lighting circuit won't engage when selected using the Rigid supplied switch-gear.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
How’d you mount the lights? Did you drill holes in the steel bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread