5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ridge Grappler ?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
For those that have them, do you have any issues in the rain? I've read reviews/comments on them hydroplaning and slipping. Looking at the grapplers and falken wildpeak at3 but will pass on the grapplers if they have issues in the rain.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those that have them, do you have any issues in the rain? I've read reviews/comments on them hydroplaning and slipping. Looking at the grapplers and falken wildpeak at3 but will pass on the grapplers if they have issues in the rain.
I've noticed the rears will slip a bit in the rain in two wheel drive if I give it too much gas while turning a corner. I don't know if they slip more than other AT tires or not.

Toothninja

Reaction score
I had many more problems with Terra Grappler G2s over the Ridge Grapplers. Can’t compare them to the wildpeaks... Any AT tire will slip with a rear wheel drive vehicle more than the passenger tires though. just thought I’d give something to ya!

WasatchBack

Reaction score
They seem to be equivalent to the OE tires in the rain, which is to say mediocre. Dry traction is much better with the Ridge Grapplers, snow TBD. But this is my first truck and I'm used to Audi Quattros since 1990's which are insanely good in rain with the right tires. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

rbtalley

Reaction score
I have noticed some slipping when taking off and turning on a hill in 2wd with normal acceleration, as far as driving down the road they are far superior to the G2 or the toyo R/T. I put 5K miles on my R/Ts and switched back to ridge grappler's. much better, smoother, quieter and functional tire in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread