5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverse lights... LED?

SShadow1974

Reaction score
So I was looking through my build sheet to see what all was listed and I'm wondering... It notes LED Taillamps. Does that include the reverse bulbs? I find the reverse lights work really well in the reverse camera, but when looking in the mirrors, they're not overly bright. So I was wondering if they were LED or regular incandescent and whether there is a possible upgrade for brighter visibility (without adding additional pod lights or whatnot.)

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I was looking through my build sheet to see what all was listed and I'm wondering... It notes LED Taillamps. Does that include the reverse bulbs? I find the reverse lights work really well in the reverse camera, but when looking in the mirrors, they're not overly bright. So I was wondering if they were LED or regular incandescent and whether there is a possible upgrade for brighter visibility (without adding additional pod lights or whatnot.)
If you have OEM LED Tail lights, then there is no way of replacing ANY of the LED's inside as they are on circuits boards.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They are LED from factory. Only way to improve lighting is to add aftermarket light pods

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They are LED from factory. Only way to improve lighting is to add aftermarket light pods

SShadow1974

Reaction score
TYVM! Searching tends to return so much fluff that it's difficult to find exactly what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread