5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning Member

camil612

Reaction score
Recently (June) bought my 2021 Ram 1500 Limited Longhorn with the EcoDiesel Engine. I traded in my 2014 Laramie Longhorn that had the first iteration of the Eco Diesel. I like to take trips so the Diesel was a treat. I could usually go 700 miles on a 26 gallon tank with the 2014, and even then it only needed 24 gals to refuel. Amazing. It wasn't without issues, but its gone so I don't need to discuss those.
I have the 12inch screen with Uconnect 4c in the new truck and while I love the look, I have uncovered some issues that I was hoping to check out on this forum. I already know of a thread that discusses my issues with the missing trip computer. I am totally blown away by this omission. When I talked to my dealer about it last month, everyone including Uconnect, FCA and the dealer had no idea what I was talking about. I then found on this forum a thread dating back to Jan 2020, where this very issue has been discussed. My other issue is also with the Nav system. On my last trip, a 1500 mile golf trip, I used the in dash GPS. It performed very well and was very accurate. But it has the annoying habit of recaclulating every time I stopped at a rest area on the Interstate. I mean I'm 150 feet of the road and it recalculates! This of course starts the trip over and resets the trip progress bar. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Users who are viewing this thread