5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing OEM tonneau cover with Diamonback

VikK

Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone who bought a >2019 1500 with RamBoxes and the OEM factory-installed vinyl tonneau cover that comes with black accessory rails. After weeks of research, I discovered that you do not have to replace the black rails with the silver ones if you want to replace your tonneau cover. Many cover manufacturers (Extang, Lomax, BakFlip) require that you have the silver rails to install one of their covers over the RamBox set-up. Diamondback Truck Covers (https://diamondbackcovers.com) of Phillipsburg, PA, does not. Their covers will fit the RamBox set-up with black rails; in fact, they send you two sets of clamps -- one for the silver rails and one for the black. The covers are pricey, but seem absolutely rock solid and have a lifetime warranty. I've confirmed all this with an excellent customer service rep. Cannot wait to get mine, and I will provide an update after installation.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone who bought a >2019 1500 with RamBoxes and the OEM factory-installed vinyl tonneau cover that comes with black accessory rails. After weeks of research, I discovered that you do not have to replace the black rails with the silver ones if you want to replace your tonneau cover. Many cover manufacturers (Extang, Lomax, BakFlip) require that you have the silver rails to install one of their covers over the RamBox set-up. Diamondback Truck Covers (https://diamondbackcovers.com) of Phillipsburg, PA, does not. Their covers will fit the RamBox set-up with black rails; in fact, they send you two sets of clamps -- one for the silver rails and one for the black. The covers are pricey, but seem absolutely rock solid and have a lifetime warranty. I've confirmed all this with an excellent customer service rep. Cannot wait to get mine, and I will provide an update after installation.
Ordered mine a few weeks ago, due date Dec. 13th. Yes, DiamondBack is pricey, excellent customer service, and USA made with lifetime warranty. I have been debating on a cover to replace my temporary Extang Black Max (2 years now). I have come home too tired to remove tools from the bed and opted for the security, can remove the front and back very easy and 4 bolts to remove the middle and have full bed access. In addition I like the new smooth cover versus the diamond pattern. I hope my 3 sons like it as the funds came from their inheritance :) .
For those looking to save a few hundred check out the DiamondBack Outlet, minimal issues.

Users who are viewing this thread