5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing Laramie headlights with Limited headlights

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Does anyone know if possible to exchange or replace the Laramie headlights with the Limited or Longhorn headlights? You would have to replace the front grill also. I am sure the lights are expensive so it may not even make sense unless you could sell the Laramie lights for a decent price. I like the thinner lights but I don't like the packages needed to get them. Not a deal breaker just curious if has been or can be done. Thanks.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I did a search and I also looked on this modification forum but didn't see anything. I could have missed it. Do you know any of the specifics? Thanks.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think it was @TXlaramie ...and he used a Longhorn grille. Search for that “Longhorn grille” and see if that helps. You do need to replace everything on the front.

steveved

Reaction score
Why? The Laramie has LED lights too. From what I understand the main difference between the Laramie and Limited headlights is that the one in the Limited follow the steering wheel... Active.

Personally, I would rather not have the active headlights. Just one less electronic thing to fail...

John

Reaction score
Interesting, I have a Limited and I don't see the headlights move at all when I turn the steering wheel. My wife's BMW has them and they move a lot!!!

John

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting, I have a Limited and I don't see the headlights move at all when I turn the steering wheel. My wife's BMW has them and they move a lot!!!

John

Did you turn the option on in Uconnect? I think they only move like 15 degrees

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why? The Laramie has LED lights too. From what I understand the main difference between the Laramie and Limited headlights is that the one in the Limited follow the steering wheel... Active.

Personally, I would rather not have the active headlights. Just one less electronic thing to fail...

I'm not sure if it's true but the IIHS ratings say that while Laramie gets LEDs, they are refelectors. It states only the longhorns and limited get projectors

Trim level(s)
  • Big Horn trim equipped with Premium Lighting Group package
  • Rebel trim
  • Laramie trim
  • Lone Star trim equipped with Premium Lighting Group package
Low-beam headlight type LED reflector
High-beam headlight type LED reflector

Trim level(s)
  • Laramie trim equipped with Laramie 1 Equipment Group package
  • Laramie trim equipped with Laramie 2 Equipment Group package
  • Laramie trim equipped with Advanced Safety Group package
Low-beam headlight type LED reflector
High-beam headlight type LED reflector

Trim level(s)
  • Laramie Longhorn trim
  • Limited trim
Low-beam headlight type LED projector
High-beam headlight type LED projector

https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/ram/1500-crew-cab-pickup

John

Reaction score
I will check, I believe it is on and I should be able to see 15 degrees standing in front of truck. I see no movement at all.

John

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I will check, I believe it is on and I should be able to see 15 degrees standing in front of truck. I see no movement at all.

John

They don't move until you are moving in the truck so standing in front of the truck and having someone turn the steering wheel they won't move.

John

Reaction score
They don't move until you are moving in the truck so standing in front of the truck and having someone turn the steering wheel they won't move.
Mine just don't move no matter what!! Have checked Uconnect and they are set to on! Will be heading to the dealer at some point!

John

steveved

Reaction score
Keep us up to date OP. Would be interested to know if you do the mod and see/notice any difference.

So far, I am more than pleased with the stock LEDs on my Laramie. Way better than the headlights were on my 2014 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ.

billyraff

Reaction score
Mine just don't move no matter what!! Have checked Uconnect and they are set to on! Will be heading to the dealer at some point!

John
I thought i read that its actually the LED fog lights that brighten up the corners when you turn.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

John

Another thing you'll be able to see is when you first turn on the headlights and you are parked near a building. They'll do a test movement side to side, similar that how HID's test will go up and down to test auto leveling.

John

Reaction score
Another thing you'll be able to see is when you first turn on the headlights and you are parked near a building. They'll do a test movement side to side, similar that how HID's test will go up and down to test auto leveling.
I absolutely don't get that!

John

Users who are viewing this thread