5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing Factory LED Reverse Lights

faithwalker

Reaction score
Hello, I replaced my cargo lights and my third tail light and wanted to replace my reverse lights. I have the OEM factory LED tail lights. Can the lights themselves be replaced with brighter LED lights?

Thanks,
Mike

dsn112

Reaction score
No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
You may want to look at the thread below. That’s the route I and many others took, and the results are amazing.

Very easy mod.
Cheers.

Reaction score
Hello, I replaced my cargo lights and my third tail light and wanted to replace my reverse lights. I have the OEM factory LED tail lights. Can the lights themselves be replaced with brighter LED lights?

Thanks,
Mike
Hello faithwalker, if you're referring to bulbs only, then yes - very easy to replace the bulbs with LED's. Here's the link to the one's I bought for mine. Not a huge difference in light output, but noticeable:

Attachments

• Image 7-6-19 at 7.50 AM.jpg
    Image 7-6-19 at 7.50 AM.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 17

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Hello faithwalker, if you're referring to bulbs only, then yes - very easy to replace the bulbs with LED's. Here's the link to the one's I bought for mine. Not a huge difference in light output, but noticeable:

He has stock LEDs he cannot replace just the reverse lights

faithwalker

Reaction score
My bad, disregard my previous post. Love wasting my time on a useless thread.
Lol. No problem. I ordered the LED light bulbs, removed my taillights and said "that doesn't look the same". Then put it all back together =)
Thanks for the reply.

faithwalker

Reaction score
You may want to look at the thread below. That’s the route I and many others took, and the results are amazing.

Very easy mod.
Cheers.

That's a really cool mod. Thanks Neurobit.

Users who are viewing this thread