5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement side mirror glass for blind spot

skyhawk42

Reaction score
So I did the taillights with blind spot and with jimmy07 harness was up and running in no time. I decided to add the mirrors also and found a cheap alternative on partsgeek. com. The pair was $62 for heated blind spot mirrors. Downside was drivers mirror was no longer a dimming mirror, but with my tinted windows it’s not an issue to me. So I followed the post found here with how to wire and they did not work. Big disappointment! So I metered everything to verify it was right and it was and the following night I realized the one mirror was actually lighting dim, but the other was not. So today I remove the mirrors and find that they covered the spot where the led was with 2 sided tape on both mirrors and one wasn’t even lined up right. After removing both leds and 2 sided tape , realigning them and epoxy them back, I’m finally up and running. Figured I’d put it out there for anyone looking for cheap replacement mirrors that they may want to check before going all in like I did assuming it was all good. In the end it saved money, but what a pain it turned out to be to figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread