5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement Rear Carpet

i_squared_r

Reaction score
My mom had my truck the past 3 months with the rear window leaking and ignored the mold smell. I tried everything to get the smell out of the carpet and mats. They're ruined. I'm looking for the rear carpet part number 6VV091X7AA, I've found 6VV071X7AA on eBay but I'm not sure if the color is different or something. Anyone know where I can get a better price? BAM wholesale parts is $515 and I can only find a discount code 10% off shipping, so like $5 cheaper.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look here and put in your zip code and check local dealerships. This was shared the other day. You can check different dealers.

i_squared_r

Reaction score
I tried ordering from BAM Wholesale parts and they emailed me saying the carpet isn't available. Unbelievable that a 2020 truck the carpet isn't available.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried ordering from BAM Wholesale parts and they emailed me saying the carpet isn't available. Unbelievable that a 2020 truck the carpet isn't available.
It's on backorder, that carpet fits 19-24 year trucks. Was the back windows leak fixed under warranty?

i_squared_r

Reaction score
It's on backorder, that carpet fits 19-24 year trucks. Was the back windows leak fixed under warranty?
They clarified that its on backorder and there's no ETA. I think that tomorrow I'll try the other part number on eBay 6VV071X7AA and see if it matches.
They didn't. I bought my 2020 RAM 1500 as CPO so the warranty is out. I put it through my insurance and safelite will replace it, so they have it on order now.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They clarified that its on backorder and there's no ETA. I think that tomorrow I'll try the other part number on eBay 6VV071X7AA and see if it matches.
They didn't. I bought my 2020 RAM 1500 as CPO so the warranty is out. I put it through my insurance and safelite will replace it, so they have it on order now.
You didn't have the extended coverage?

i_squared_r

Reaction score
You didn't have the extended coverage?
I never go for extra warranty because I fix everything myself. The last time I brought my truck for warranty for an exhaust leak they told me they don't have the capacity to fix it in a timely manner. Ended up doing it myself.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I never go for extra warranty because I fix everything myself. The last time I brought my truck for warranty for an exhaust leak they told me they don't have the capacity to fix it in a timely manner. Ended up doing it myself.
There was an extended warranty to some vin numbers for free, which is why he is asking. Typically damaged caused by a covered part should be covered imo

i_squared_r

Reaction score
There was an extended warranty to some vin numbers for free, which is why he is asking. Typically damaged caused by a covered part should be covered imo

Oh ok. I put my VIN on the mopar website and I just have the CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED LIMITED WARRANTY (CPW710N). I called the local dealer and they said it only covers powertrain.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh ok. I put my VIN on the mopar website and I just have the CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED LIMITED WARRANTY (CPW710N). I called the local dealer and they said it only covers powertrain.
PM me your vin I can check it.

I have replaced 3 head liners for staining covered by warranty because of the leak. Some dealers will fight you on it, but it is covered.

i_squared_r

Reaction score
PM me your vin I can check it.

I have replaced 3 head liners for staining covered by warranty because of the leak. Some dealers will fight you on it, but it is covered.
Thanks. DM sent. That would be great if they could cover it

i_squared_r

Reaction score
Update: So I have the extended warranty on the rear glass, but there's a backorder on both the rear carpet and rear glass. No ETA. Dealer has a customer driving 6 months with tape on his back window. I did a claim through geico and went to safelite. Safelite says they don't have the glass so now I have to remove the glass claim from geico or else my rates could potentially rise. I'm not happy with my RAM, way too many problems in the short time I've had it. Seems like RAM doesn't have replacement parts. Thinking about trading in for a CPO F-250, not sure if it would be any better..

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: So I have the extended warranty on the rear glass, but there's a backorder on both the rear carpet and rear glass. No ETA. Dealer has a customer driving 6 months with tape on his back window. I did a claim through geico and went to safelite. Safelite says they don't have the glass so now I have to remove the glass claim from geico or else my rates could potentially rise. I'm not happy with my RAM, way too many problems in the short time I've had it. Seems like RAM doesn't have replacement parts. Thinking about trading in for a CPO F-250, not sure if it would be any better..
I would aske the dealer to contact their rep and see if they can use the OEM part# vs the extended coverage part #.

i_squared_r

Reaction score
I would aske the dealer to contact their rep and see if they can use the OEM part# vs the extended coverage part #.

I went there, they said that I need to pay $180 diagnostic fee and they will put water on it. May 6 is the earliest appointment. Then they will order it and don't know when they will receive it. I said "we can go outside and pour a glass of water on it, it will enter immediately" and she said it needs to be an appointment with a tech. I'm tired of RAM, been having lots of issues and it only has 36k miles. Went to the local Ford dealer to see a preowned F250 power diesel. Told the guy I don't have much time and just want to see the truck. We go outside, walk around the truck, "do you have the key?" he tells me "I don't have time" and I said "really?? How come every time i go to ford its like they don't want to sell cars??"
My RAM already had a broken cat back bolt and the dealer couldn't help me before the warranty ran out. Leaking headers (still leaking, out of warranty). Radio sometimes says "device not supported", 3rd brake light leak, rear window leak, gas tank doesn't vent properly.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Went to the local Ford dealer to see a preowned F250 power diesel. Told the guy I don't have much time and just want to see the truck. We go outside, walk around the truck, "do you have the key?" he tells me "I don't have time" and I said "really?? How come every time i go to ford its like they don't want to sell cars??"
I'm curious, what did he say after your question :LOL:

i_squared_r

Reaction score
I'm curious, what did he say after your question :LOL:
"We want to sell cars but you don't have time so I don't have time" It was really ridiculous. I looked at him like he's crazy "Really? Come on, I just want to see the car if I have any interest in it and I'll come back later when I have time. I'm working right now" and he went to get me the key. I didn't like the truck was a bit beat up in the florida sun. I didn't agree with the price. He wanted to get me to sit down and take my RAM 1500 key for the appraisal. I know that shady trick, they take your key and don't want to give it back. But anyways, I did go 6 years ago to buy a new ford mustang and the guy didn't even want to show me the car. I guess he assumed that I was just some 28 year old tire kicker. I ended up buying a boat instead. Better choice lol. Another time I went to see the Ford Ranger and it was the same. I ended up buying a Toyota Tacoma

i_squared_r

Reaction score
I just called RAM 1-800-334-9200, I couldn't have been nicer and the guy was rude. Said they don't cover consequential damage. I also told him about the leaking headers and I explained that there wasn't appointments within the warranty time period and he was argumentative with me, saying it was my fault. I said "I was sold a warranty, and RAM didn't have the capacity to fulfill the warranty because every appointment was 3+ months out. Then I was sold a warranty that I can't use" and he kept telling me that I can't expect them to put me in front of everyone else. I said "I don't, but RAM is selling a product (warranty) that they can't fulfill". I told him "We're both speaking english but for some reason you're not understanding. If you came to my mcdonalds and I said 'It would be 1 week for your burger' would you eat the burger?'" he says "Well what if every mcdonalds has a line around the block?" and I replied "I'd go to burger king!" Went back and forth for a while. Asked for a manager. No manager. Asked his name. Only eli. Asked for his extension. No extension. He never hangs up the phone because there's a survey. We didn't speak for 10 minutes then it hung up and the survey came. I put 1, 1, 1, dissatisfied. RAM is an absolute nightmare with their after sales care. I would never buy another Chrysler product after this. $50,000 truck, 36k miles, filled with mold because of a leaking rear window. No parts to fix it. No service availability. No lemon law because I'm not the original owner. New cars shouldn't leak. Exhaust manifolds shouldn't be cracking. Gas tank not venting properly (fix is to replace the gas tank). My options are running low, do I go to Ford and trade in???

Users who are viewing this thread