5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement diesel fuel tank DTE issue

RichardNY70

Reaction score
For those who've replaced their 31 gallon diesel tanks with the larger Titan replacement unit, have they ever solved the Distant To Empty value? From what
I've read and heard, when the larger units are installed, the ECM can detect the F-E fuel amount but the computer won't give an accurate read on how far
you can drive before you run out of diesel. Titan supposedly has a software fix but if you do it, you may very well void your warranty !!! This issue pertains
to Ford as well. It's nice to go from 31 to 50 gallons but this shouldn't be so hard to fix and Ram does NOT want you messing with the computer. Anyone
encounter this issue?

Yesso

Reaction score
I have a titan tank on order to replace the standard 32. Titan tells me the fuel gauge will read properly with the new tank but not the computer. I would think that the computer could be reprogrammed to show the optional 48 gallon tank which would solve most of the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread