5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replace 12" display?

dwessell

Reaction score
I have a 2023 1500 w/ 12" display. It's got a big crack in the display. I've purchased a replacement, but haven't been able to find any part instructions.. It's not an upgrade, but an exact replacement.

Has anyone viewing this ever swapped it out? Are there any special software pieces that need to be done? or is it all pretty intuitive?
I know about the two screws in the tray at the top to pull it out. But after that I haven't been able to find any info..

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are no formal instructions on it. But after you take those two screws out of the top you just got to give it a big yank and it will come off. And then after that it should be pretty straightforward about what screws to take off and what things to unplug. It's actually pretty easy if you have any mechanical knowledge at all.

dwessell

Reaction score
Thanks @Darksteel165 and @vincentw56. That's 100% what I was after. Just making sure that before I disassembled that there wasn't something specific that could only be done at the dealers.

dwessell

Reaction score
Well. Almost there. The two bolts circled in red seem to be the only thing still holding it in. But I can’t get a tool to them to loosen them.

And the plastic housing they are attached to seems to be not removable. I’d take a suggestion if anyone has one.

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpeg
    IMG_0738.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 18

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It likely needs to be entirely dismantled.
Take good pictures and keep screws separated. Take it inside and go to town imo.

Even if you got those loose you wouldn't be able to get them tight, i'm thinking very small flat head pliers could get in there.

dwessell

Reaction score
Just found it. I’m an idiot but I’m an idiot that eventually gets there. If anyone finds this in the future. Ignore those bolts at the top. There’s some star screws at the bottom that come out. And then the entire thing drops away and then you can easily get to the bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread