5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Tailgate Drop - 2025 Laramie w/ Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group

Ozzimop

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2025 Laramie w/ Sport Appearance Package, Multifunction Tailgate, Air Suspension and Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group-amongst other features. Basically a loaded Laramie. Missing if you can believe it is the remote tailgate release. Its missing inside the truck as well as from the key fob. Apparently if you add the Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group package it removes Level 2 and other options.
I would be willing to install the feature myself but need some help with the part numbers for new fobs and also the upper console. Was hoping someone might be able to assist. See attached photos.

Attachments

• 46f0853c-5981-4a97-b077-ef45e3f11eea.jpg
    46f0853c-5981-4a97-b077-ef45e3f11eea.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 332a17ba-2905-4cb2-bdc5-ebe67bfb16f3.jpg
    332a17ba-2905-4cb2-bdc5-ebe67bfb16f3.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 12
I'm not sure if you will be able to add it by just purchasing the items. You might need programming and that's not going to happen on a 2025. But you won't know until you try I guess.

The fob you have pictured has the button. You mean clicking the lower tailgate on the button left of the fob twice where it says x2 does not drop the tailgate? My Level 1 Laramie has it.

The fob you have pictured has the button. You mean clicking the lower tailgate on the button left of the fob twice where it says x2 does not drop the tailgate? My Level 1 Laramie has it.
Looks like his truck has air suspension, the button is actually to lower his truck.

Correct that button actually lowers the air suspension. Ive seen a bunch of postss that stated getting the new remotes and programming them would work. Was trying to get a definitive answer before i spend 300 bucks on new fobs. Not to mention the cost of the overhead console.

Correct that button actually lowers the air suspension. Ive seen a bunch of postss that stated getting the new remotes and programming them would work. Was trying to get a definitive answer before i spend 300 bucks on new fobs. Not to mention the cost of the overhead console.
Throw everything you read about that out the window when it comes to 2025+. New canbus that is significantly different than 2019 to 2024 is going to be an issue. Might not be for what you want to do, but if any programming on the truck needs to be done, then you are out of luck right now.

So just a thought-if i were to swap out the overhead console for the console from a 2025 limited which has the tailgate release-i guess i could try it and if it doesnt work return it-hopefully. I gues i could say the same with regards to the key but that would require programming for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back