5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start issues

2025Rebelguy

Reaction score
My remote start is suddenly acting funny. It will start, run about 5 seconds and shut off, then wont restart remotely. when I get in and start it, the dash indicates remote start isn't available very briefly, then it disappears. the truck starts and runs normally when started from inside. I've gone over all the settings on the touch screen and the dash and can't seem to find anything relevant to the remote start. Anyone experienced this?

My remote start is suddenly acting funny. It will start, run about 5 seconds and shut off, then wont restart remotely. when I get in and start it, the dash indicates remote start isn't available very briefly, then it disappears. the truck starts and runs normally when started from inside. I've gone over all the settings on the touch screen and the dash and can't seem to find anything relevant to the remote start. Anyone experienced this?
I assume you have enough gas and the gas light isn't on. Don't know why details on your truck like year, but from your username it might be a 2025. There was another post on here about someone with a 2025 having issues with it saying it won't start because of low fuel even though it had plenty.

this is possible, the light just came on, but the symptom started before the light came on, may be a certain fuel level before the light that triggers the shutoff. My Raptor (or any of my fords) never did this. I'll fill up and retest.

Thanks!

With no data to back this up, I feel like under 1/4 will be too little fuel for remote start. My 2015 Jeep Cherokee did the same, and I've seen it on my 2019 Ram 1500. It's likely less than 1/4, but I rarely let my tank get that low to remember for sure.

I think I can back up your 1/4 tank theory, that's about where it started acting up (normal), filled up today, all better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back