5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start deactivating with 1/2 tank fuel?

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Truck has 700 miles on it and I've had it shut off numerous times immediately after remote starting. The display says start canceled due to low fuel? Not sure what to investigate here. I just had the truck in for the most recent recall, so there aren't any updates that are hanging out there. It's not consistent either. Comes and goes I've found. Anyone else experience similar issues?

I believe it will be canceled when the vechicle has less than 1/4 tank

I believe it will be canceled when the vechicle has less than 1/4 tank

It used to be; the start will be canceled when the low fuel light kicked on. Seems that has changed? I was definitely over a 1/4 tank, but my driveway is on a slope so maybe it read around 1/4 tank. That seems super early to cancel a remote start though. I get the fuel light being on, but I could drive to pretty much any gas station around me with a 1/4 tank lol.

It used to be; the start will be canceled when the low fuel light kicked on. Seems that has changed? I was definitely over a 1/4 tank, but my driveway is on a slope so maybe it read around 1/4 tank. That seems super early to cancel a remote start though. I get the fuel light being on, but I could drive to pretty much any gas station around me with a 1/4 tank lol.
My low fuel light comes on at 50 miles to empty, about an 1/8th of a tank left.
The truck doesnt know how far you are form a gas station so it cancels remote start. The slope may also have something to do with it

Mine too. That's when the remote start used to cancel the starting sequence. It's now canceling at 1/4-1/2. Long ways from an 1/8 either way.

Truck has 700 miles on it and I've had it shut off numerous times immediately after remote starting. The display says start canceled due to low fuel? Not sure what to investigate here. I just had the truck in for the most recent recall, so there aren't any updates that are hanging out there. It's not consistent either. Comes and goes I've found. Anyone else experience similar issues?
Did you have to have a check engine light to get the most recent computer update?

No. There is an open TSB that any dealer should get it in for and clear. I also think there is a safety recall for the stabilitrak on some trucks. Either way, I got it in and updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back