5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start app help/questions....

Downeast20

Reaction score
Apologies in advance from someone from last century ;)
Enjoy my bought-used 2020 BH 4x4 Crew Cab. Not a single issue with it after having it almost a year. Been a great truck for my uses.

The key fobs that came with it have no button for remote start. Not a huge issue and no desire to lay out a bunch of $$ for an aftermarket system to enable that.
BUT - I ran upon info about the 'RAM app' that gave me the impression that using that, with the key fob inside the vehicle, one could use the Ram app to remote-start, lock/unlock, and several other features.

I downloaded the Ram app, put in all my vehicle information, which it recognized and messed around with the app quite a bit. On the app, there's a 'Go to Dashboard'. Online, I'd seen images of 'the dashboard' and it had several on-screen buttons to hit to perform these functions. When I go there, there is nothing there that allows any of the above mentioned functions - just a link to find dealers, look at owners manual, service intervals, etc.
SO - since my truck was not equipped with OE remote start capabilities is that app useless for me?
Have checked several sources and have found no real info. Thanks.

Apologies in advance from someone from last century ;)
Enjoy my bought-used 2020 BH 4x4 Crew Cab. Not a single issue with it after having it almost a year. Been a great truck for my uses.

The key fobs that came with it have no button for remote start. Not a huge issue and no desire to lay out a bunch of $$ for an aftermarket system to enable that.
BUT - I ran upon info about the 'RAM app' that gave me the impression that using that, with the key fob inside the vehicle, one could use the Ram app to remote-start, lock/unlock, and several other features.

I downloaded the Ram app, put in all my vehicle information, which it recognized and messed around with the app quite a bit. On the app, there's a 'Go to Dashboard'. Online, I'd seen images of 'the dashboard' and it had several on-screen buttons to hit to perform these functions. When I go there, there is nothing there that allows any of the above mentioned functions - just a link to find dealers, look at owners manual, service intervals, etc.
SO - since my truck was not equipped with OE remote start capabilities is that app useless for me?
Have checked several sources and have found no real info. Thanks.
For the functions like lock/unlock, remote start, and others it requires a subscription that I'm sure you don't have with your used BH. I let mine lapse because I found I didn't use it much and I have remote start on my FOB. Sure I can't start it from another state but using my FOB works fine for my purposes. I don't remember the subscription but someone on here will.

You can usually get hooked up on an introductory plan for $5/mo after the trial has expired 1+ year.

It's only remote start and locate.

Call CALL 833‑289‑8580 and tell them you want to $5/mo remote start only plan. After one year, it's gonna go up.

You can also easily add factory remote key fob start as stated up thread.

The two really have nothing to do with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back