5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regretting tire purchase

R

ramit2019

So i ordered fuel assault rims with nitto ridge grapplers. i don't even have them on the truck and im starting to wonder if the money was worth it. my 4th gen blacked out edition i just put cooper zeon ltz on the stock rims and loved it. needless to say you might see some rims and tires up for sale before they ever go on the truck next week. already put a deposit down on them so i can't return them

Troop2865

Reaction score
Are you regretting the purchase of wheels and tires, or just the Ridge Grapplers? I just put new wheels and Ridge Grapplers on mine today, and could not be happier. The RG's are nearly as quiet as the Falken AT's that came on the truck, and they actually feel a little smoother. I went with 18's and maybe the taller sidewalls of the 35's soak up the bumps a little better.

I worried after I made my purchase that they would fit OK. I am going to have to massage the fender plastic behind the front wheel as they rub occasionally, but it is minor.

Good luck with your decision.

R

ramit2019

Are you regretting the purchase of wheels and tires, or just the Ridge Grapplers? I just put new wheels and Ridge Grapplers on mine today, and could not be happier. The RG's are nearly as quiet as the Falken AT's that came on the truck, and they actually feel a little smoother. I went with 18's and maybe the taller sidewalls of the 35's soak up the bumps a little better.

I worried after I made my purchase that they would fit OK. I am going to have to massage the fender plastic behind the front wheel as they rub occasionally, but it is minor.

Good luck with your decision.
im very happy with the grapplers. thinking i may have wasted $1180 on rims though

Troop2865

Reaction score
im very happy with the grapplers. thinking i may have wasted $1180 on rims though
OK. Got it, and I understand. I love custom wheels. My issue is there are way too many choices, and once I chose one, I began to wonder if I should have picked a different one.

Will they let you return the wheels with a small restocking fee, especially if they have not mounted tires on the wheels yet. Just a thought.

RenoRam

Reaction score
OK. Got it, and I understand. I love custom wheels. My issue is there are way too many choices, and once I chose one, I began to wonder if I should have picked a different one.

Will they let you return the wheels with a small restocking fee, especially if they have not mounted tires on the wheels yet. Just a thought.
If they won't take them back I would think you should be able to sell them. Have had the tires on for a month and they ride as good as they look(y)

Bionicbo

Reaction score
So i ordered fuel assault rims with nitto ridge grapplers. i don't even have them on the truck and im starting to wonder if the money was worth it. my 4th gen blacked out edition i just put cooper zeon ltz on the stock rims and loved it. needless to say you might see some rims and tires up for sale before they ever go on the truck next week. already put a deposit down on them so i can't return them

What is it about the fuel assault you dont like, I was actually thinking going with them. Also do the cooper ltz look as good in person as they do online, I was thinking going with them regardless of what rim I choose.

AgitatedK9

Reaction score
What was wrong with the assaults? Looking to buy them here real soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I understand where you are coming from. I have been looking at wheels and tires for months and I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I can't decide if I want to spend the money on new wheels or if I should keep the stock wheels. Every time that I think I found the wheel I want, I look at my truck and think those wheels that I thought I wanted are no better than what is already on the truck. I will probably keep the stock wheels for that reason. I haven't come across any wheels that I just have to have.

agjr85

Reaction score
Fuel Assault only look good on wide wheel/low offsets. IMO.
The 20x9 options look off.

Users who are viewing this thread