5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regen

Reaction score
Do 2020 ecodiesels do a regen occasionally? After about a half hour drive yesterday when I parked in the garage the truck smelled hot and the temp was normal..
I used to drive a truck pre def days and it had to do a regen but didn't think with the def fluid they did it anymore..
Any thoughts..
Thks for adding me

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Do 2020 ecodiesels do a regen occasionally? After about a half hour drive yesterday when I parked in the garage the truck smelled hot and the temp was normal..
I used to drive a truck pre def days and it had to do a regen but didn't think with the def fluid they did it anymore..
Any thoughts..
Thks for adding me
Yes, they regen, you have a DPF. The regen is probably what you smelled. If you get a gauge or scanner, several to choose from you can track the DPF % and see a regen coming up and plan for it. A little extra freeway time so it can complete type thing.

Users who are viewing this thread