5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reflad needed?

jljbtm

Reaction score
So this story starts with a "no start condition" . I had all the conditions of a dead battery or a bad starter. After checking the voltage it wasn't a bad battery but the starter wouldn't crank so I remove the starter and bench tested it and it worked fine after reinstalling it it still would not start and after tracing down the ground connection to the engine I found that corroded and cleaned it and then the truck started. However after I fixed it I went and cleaned other ground connections including the battery and there is a small black box connected to the negative battery terminal that is held on with a nut yours may have one also so I disconnected that cleaned it and when I put it back on I got a large Spark now I notice my computer screen does not work completely maybe that voltage jolt screwed up my screen does anyone know what that little black box is for on the negative cable.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So this story starts with a "no start condition" . I had all the conditions of a dead battery or a bad starter. After checking the voltage it wasn't a bad battery but the starter wouldn't crank so I remove the starter and bench tested it and it worked fine after reinstalling it it still would not start and after tracing down the ground connection to the engine I found that corroded and cleaned it and then the truck started. However after I fixed it I went and cleaned other ground connections including the battery and there is a small black box connected to the negative battery terminal that is held on with a nut yours may have one also so I disconnected that cleaned it and when I put it back on I got a large Spark now I notice my computer screen does not work completely maybe that voltage jolt screwed up my screen does anyone know what that little black box is for on the negative cable.
Give it a few hours to reset and everything should work properly again

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What's a reflad? Takes about 6 hours for everything to show back up after battery disconnected.

Users who are viewing this thread