5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendations on rear seat extender for dogs

Cgalek

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I took a quick search here and didn’t find anything so please forgive me if I missed it. Just purchased a 2024 limited which I am stoked about. Having a 100 lb English Lab I plan on getting a rear seat extender but the ones on amazon seem rather small. Was wondering if anyone here may have purchased one that they like or can recommend.

Thanks

themust

Reaction score
Not sure what a seat extender is. I just fold up my seats leaving a huge area for both my dogs. I do have a seat cover to protect the carpeted underside of the seats and to cover the floor but they’re quite happy with all the space afforded them back there. Btw: congrats on the new ride. You’re gonna love it!

Cgalek

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I thought about that but my dog loves to hang his head out the window. Ended up going with this one as I saw some ram badging in the review photos. The seat extenders are basically a rear seat hammock with boards on the bottom so the dog can have the full depth of the back seat.

themust

Reaction score
That looks more or less like what I have. I just drape it down along the underside of the seats onto the floor. My dogs don’t really like to stick their heads out but I sure hate the nose swipes all over the back windows when I let ‘em ride atop the seats. Plus I worry about the leather along the window and door pulls (this is a limited) getting scratched up. Though so far it has seemed very resilient.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use this one. Works well and really makes cleanup easy with everything contained. Very little hair on the seats and carpet.

Vailge Extra Large, 100% Waterproof Dog Seat Cover for Back Seat with Zipper Side Flap, Heavy Duty car Hammock Pet Seat Cover for Car... https://a.co/d/7jAiD1V

Cgalek

Reaction score
I use this one. Works well and really makes cleanup easy with everything contained. Very little hair on the seats and carpet.

Vailge Extra Large, 100% Waterproof Dog Seat Cover for Back Seat with Zipper Side Flap, Heavy Duty car Hammock Pet Seat Cover for Car... https://a.co/d/7jAiD1V
Thanks. BTW, how do you like that pedal commander?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks. BTW, how do you like that pedal commander?
It’s fun at higher setting but I usually keep on about City+2. It does a decent job covering up the throttle lag.

jljbtm

Reaction score
I made one from plywood to fit on the tool box under the seat on the pass side then just cover it with a moving pad

Cgalek

Reaction score
Ended up going with the amazon find. I’ll throw some pics here if it ends up being worth it. Appreciate all the responses. Already buying too many accessories lol. Just ordered the S&B cold air intake and an oil catch can as well as some amazon interior pieces. Like this American Flag decal.

Attachments

• IMG_4970.jpeg
    IMG_4970.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 17

jeffgutz

Reaction score
Ended up going with the amazon find. I’ll throw some pics here if it ends up being worth it. Appreciate all the responses.

Thanks! I had a feeling someone had asked
Did it work for your crew cab and which one did you end up going with?

Users who are viewing this thread