5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reclining rear seats

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
Is there a way to mod or a part I can order to go from stationary rear seats to reclining?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While anything is possible, you'd need to study the parts diagrams or two trucks side-by-side to find everything needed. I've not looked hard at the non-reclining seats but here's a short list of differences:
  • Sliding rails under the seats with ~9 positions
  • different seat bottoms that have the sliding rail release so passengers can recline
  • latches on the seat backs
  • bars mounted to rear of cab that latches slide on when reclining
I almost think you'd need full seat replacements and the bars in the fourth bullet to make it the same. Could get expensive.

brental1

Reaction score
Just information. I bought a set of junkyard seats from a 2020 Laramie Crew Cab to swap into my 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group. My 2022 did not have heated seats/steering wheel. I looked at buying seat heater pads, control module, etc.; and it was just about same price to buy set of junkyard seats. As a bonus, they're vented and leather. Now that I'm investigating the junkyard seats, I thought the rear may be reclining. It's not. Only thing different between rear seat in my truck and the 20 Laramie rear seat is cloth vs. leather. I thought all Laramies had reclining; but obviously not. The seat set I bought has jump center front seat. Maybe that's why no recline?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just information. I bought a set of junkyard seats from a 2020 Laramie Crew Cab to swap into my 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group. My 2022 did not have heated seats/steering wheel. I looked at buying seat heater pads, control module, etc.; and it was just about same price to buy set of junkyard seats. As a bonus, they're vented and leather. Now that I'm investigating the junkyard seats, I thought the rear may be reclining. It's not. Only thing different between rear seat in my truck and the 20 Laramie rear seat is cloth vs. leather. I thought all Laramies had reclining; but obviously not. The seat set I bought has jump center front seat. Maybe that's why no recline?
I don't think it is related to the bench seat but more likely to the packages on that junkyard find? My 21 Laramie with the level 1 package has reclining rear seats (not heated/ventilated in rear) and I have the 6 passenger front bench. I am kinda bummed the 23 I ordered doesn't have reclining rear seats but I don't plan to ride back there so I'll just have to accept the downgrade :)

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Every year they cut the equipment. My 20 Laramie came with heated, reclining, leather seats. I believe the reclining stopped when there were parts shortages, so they saved them for Limiteds, and never put them back. Wheel flares disappeared off of Laramies this year.

brental1

Reaction score
While anything is possible, you'd need to study the parts diagrams or two trucks side-by-side to find everything needed. I've not looked hard at the non-reclining seats but here's a short list of differences:
  • Sliding rails under the seats with ~9 positions
  • different seat bottoms that have the sliding rail release so passengers can recline
  • latches on the seat backs
  • bars mounted to rear of cab that latches slide on when reclining
I almost think you'd need full seat replacements and the bars in the fourth bullet to make it the same. Could get expensive.
Any one have the PN or Description for the "bars mounted to rear of cab ..."?

Dewey

Reaction score
Every year they cut the equipment. My 20 Laramie came with heated, reclining, leather seats. I believe the reclining stopped when there were parts shortages, so they saved them for Limiteds, and never put them back. Wheel flares disappeared off of Laramies this year.
Wheel flares and two tone paint are what used to set Laramie’s apart. Now I see them without those along with smaller rims/tires and they look like a cheaper Bighorn from the outside. They keep removing standard options and it’s no longer such a good deal to upgrade trim levels.

6of36

Reaction score
Wheel flares and two tone paint are what used to set Laramie’s apart. Now I see them without those along with smaller rims/tires and they look like a cheaper Bighorn from the outside. They keep removing standard options and it’s no longer such a good deal to upgrade trim levels.
I had a Big Horn with 2 tone paint, so it wasn't Laramie and above. Now it's only on Long Horns, and Rebels. 20s were always an option, as far as I can remember. I do agree, removing the flares, makes them look cheap. Along with removing the chrome door handle inserts.

Users who are viewing this thread