5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reclining Rear Seat KIT - update, I went to dealer, it's only one of the psrts needed. Junkyard is the answer

Lobz

Reaction score
I searching for what parts I would need to make my 2022 1500 Laramie rear seat recline, I came across this in the mopar website, (2019-2023 Ram 1500 2nd Row Manual Recliner Kit 68462722AA | Mopar Estores) . They had it marked down from the $885 to $620. In searching for the part number on Google, I found several places selling it for less, including my nearest Ram dealer (approx $575). Has anyone installed this, and if so, did you need to purchase anything else?

It's a Sunday so I can't call them. It might only be part #20, but if that's all I need then I'll be buying it!

Attachments

• Mopar kit.png
    Mopar kit.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 97

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's really cool. I didn't even know they had a kit. I'd be interested in that too.

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
Pretty cool. Waiting for others to chime in as that would be a nice upgrade to the lower trims

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a lot of money just to have the rear seats recline.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think it can just be part #20. Mine have a lever under the front of the cushion that you have to press up to allow the seat bottom to slide forward and #20 doesn't seem to include that piece.

Burns1200

Reaction score
It looks like you will need #24 and proably #25 too. As 24 is the release handle and the cable to release and #25 seem to be another part of the handle

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Folling this one. I wouldn't mind adding this to my BTS if it's reasonable to do

Jmac509

Reaction score
I'm also interested in this. I'm very disappointed the Laramie trims no longer have rear recline seats.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The link you gave says it is #19, I don't know where y'all are getting 20. I take the MoPar parts site information with a grain of salt anyway, as I've found it to be just plain wrong a lot of the time. But having said that, I'm following too. Wonder how this impacts the fold-up underseat storage mine came with(?) :unsure:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The link you gave says it is #19, I don't know where y'all are getting 20. I take the MoPar parts site information with a grain of salt anyway, as I've found it to be just plain wrong a lot of the time. But having said that, I'm following too. Wonder how this impacts the fold-up underseat storage mine came with(?) :unsure:
Idk where you are seeing 19.
The picture OP and link he posted both say #20.

#19 is a screw.

It looks like you will need #24 and proably #25 too. As 24 is the release handle and the cable to release and #25 seem to be another part of the handle
You will, I have #24\25 on my Limited with reclining seats. I wonder if you need duplicates for each side too?

I think the naming of this as "kit" in somewhat deceiving. It's not a "complete kit" it's just a single part that doesn't enable the seats to recline, you need a few more parts to do it.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Idk where you are seeing 19.
The picture OP and link he posted both say #20.

#19 is a screw.

If you follow the link, it shows this illustration.
e9caab44941bca1cf019096b60de8708.jpg
and the caption under the illustration says
"PART CAN BE FOUND AS REFERENCE #19 IN ILLUSTRATION"
#20 appears to be a bolt or screw. 🤷‍♂️

6of36

Reaction score
Under seat storage is available with the reclining seats.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In looking closer at the illustration, I think maybe this is only the passenger side. There may be another one for the driver side. Or maybe the kit includes both, I can't really tell. But wait, I did some digging and
yes there is another part number

68462723AA​

which appears to be for the driver side. So maybe more pricey than we even thought. 🤑 And maybe still have to buy the releases and cables separately ...

Last edited:

6of36

Reaction score
Also, if you click on the picture on post #1, it is #20, but if you click the link, it brings up your illustration that shows #19. Funny his link, and his illustration, are different .

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, if you click on the picture on post #1, it is #20, but if you click the link, it brings up your illustration that shows #19. Funny his link, and his illustration, are different .
Only thing I can think of offhand, MoPar site may show different stuff depending on what model it thinks you have (browser cookies).

6of36

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of offhand, MoPar site may show different stuff depending on what model it thinks you have (browser cookies).
I find it odd, that both illustrations were in the same post. One was his link, and the other was his pic, which you would think was from his link.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find it odd, that both illustrations were in the same post. One was his link, and the other was his pic, which you would think was from his link.
Maybe it was if you went there from his computer. If his browser saved cookies from a previous visit to the site, the site may show different content based on the year/model it thinks he has, compared to what it shows you or me.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It 100% showed #20 for me this morning when I posted.

I just clicked on it, and it loaded the page as 20, then the entire page refreshed and the part name, price, and picture changed.
Now everytime I open the link it just loads once, I think the website is funky.

Lobz

Reaction score
I searching for what parts I would need to make my 2022 1500 Laramie rear seat recline, I came across this in the mopar website, (2019-2023 Ram 1500 2nd Row Manual Recliner Kit 68462722AA | Mopar Estores) . They had it marked down from the $885 to $620. In searching for the part number on Google, I found several places selling it for less, including my nearest Ram dealer (approx $575). Has anyone installed this, and if so, did you need to purchase anything else?

It's a Sunday so I can't call them. It might only be part #20, but if that's all I need then I'll be buying it!

That's really cool. I didn't even know they had a kit. I'd be interested in that too.
Not a kit. Sad face

Users who are viewing this thread