5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RECALL: Ram Issues Recall For 68,809 Pickups For Trailer Reverse Steering Control Module

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

RECALL: Ram Issues Recall For 68,809 Pickups For Trailer Reverse Steering Control Module​

Rearview Screens Fail To Display...​

RM023_095FN93gkamkf3ml5bcl8khp3043v9n.jpeg

Stellantis, previously known as FCA US, LLC, is issuing a recall for 68,809 units of their Ram 1500 (DT) pickup trucks manufactured from 2021 to 2023, as well as their 2023 Ram 2500 (DJ) pickups.

The reason for the recall is that the Trailer Reverse Steering Control Module (TRSCM) installed in these vehicles may cause the rearview image to fail to display when the vehicle is put in reverse. As a result, these vehicles do not meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 111, which pertains to Rear Visibility.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got this recall done a year ago on my 2021 1500 Laramie that was built in early November of 2020.

Malodave

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got a card in the mail a few weeks ago. I’ll take it in when I have my tailgate recall done. Not in any big rush. Haven’t seen either issue with my truck.

John Galt

Reaction score
Umm….if you have a trailer hooked up what good is the rear view camera? Functionally you need to see the trailer so you can use the reverse steering but the law seems silly to require the rear view camera work when towing a trailer because it would be blocked by the trailer you’re towing.

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
I got a bunch of codes the other day, trailer control not available, service trailer brake, service traction control, park sense unavailable, Serv 4wd (still shift into 4wd).

Would this be the issue?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer performed this recall on mine when I had the oil changed a couple of months ago.

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
I’m waiting for my appointment which is 3 weeks out. Such a headache. Today I caved and bought a decent obd reader with abs module reader. Looks like the codes all tie to the reverse trailer module, including the abs ones

Hopefully this works when they flash it or replace it.

Attachments

• DB742579-481A-48B7-87AA-49FC5576EDEB.jpeg
    DB742579-481A-48B7-87AA-49FC5576EDEB.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 16

Limited Legend

Reaction score
I’m waiting for my appointment which is 3 weeks out. Such a headache. Today I caved and bought a decent obd reader with abs module reader. Looks like the codes all tie to the reverse trailer module, including the abs ones

Hopefully this works when they flash it or replace it.
This is literally like a 30 to 45 min flash. My dealer is frist come frist serve, went in Saturday morning and was done in a flash, no pun intended.

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
truck is fixed, dealer determined it to be my front actuator. Replaced it and it fixed the problem. I could still go in 4wd and 4wd lo. I’m guessing it’s a sensor that went bad on the actuator?

Boxbar

Reaction score
truck is fixed, dealer determined it to be my front actuator. Replaced it and it fixed the problem. I could still go in 4wd and 4wd lo. I’m guessing it’s a sensor that went bad on the actuator?
Was it replaced under warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread