5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel tailgate

Ruben73

Reaction score
look around and could not find info to see if the tailgate locks on the Rebels. I don't think mine does unless I'm doing something wrong or it's not available to the Rebel

Caballonegro

Reaction score
It should, lock your truck, then leave your key at least 20 feet away, then try.

Neokane

Reaction score
Yep, give what Caballonegro said a try!

Should lock for ya!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They lock but do not have the option to auto open from the key fob or inside the truck.

Ruben73

Reaction score
Just got back from dealer where they installed 5he bed lights and rear wheel well liners. For some reason the tailgate is not locking I have to go back since there was no time today. The service guy said it should lock also so they have to check locking mechanism next week

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Gotcha, so it wasn't that the key was near you when you tried to open the tail gate. That was my problem when I thought my tail gate wasn't locking. I would lock the truck and then check the tail gate, and it it would open. Took me a moment to realize the tail gate also is part of the passive key locking system. I locked the truck and put the key far away, the tail gate stayed locked.

b1gj0n44

Reaction score
Gotcha, so it wasn't that the key was near you when you tried to open the tail gate. That was my problem when I thought my tail gate wasn't locking. I would lock the truck and then check the tail gate, and it it would open. Took me a moment to realize the tail gate also is part of the passive key locking system. I locked the truck and put the key far away, the tail gate stayed locked.

I did the same thing.. glad to know i wasnt the only one that let the truck outsmart me haha.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did the same thing.. glad to know i wasnt the only one that let the truck outsmart me haha.

Lol, realized that the truck was smarter than me that moment. Not surprised, keep finding cool new things everyday with this amazing truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/