5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Level 1 vs. 2

Nova90

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a new Rebel. The local dealer has one with a Level 1 package. It also has a $245 remote start option which I believe is included in the Level 2 package. I know Level 2 lists things such as dual-zone climate control, rain-sensing wipers, rear under seat storage, rear USB hub. Level 2 also lists a security alarm feature. The salesperson tried to tell me that even the Level 1 would sound an alarm if the glass was broken. I then asked what did the security alarm feature do...and I got a blank stare.

Does anyone have more accurate insight? I am thinking that Level 2 is probably worth the extra $, especially since this one already has $245 towards that $1,000 difference.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
The dual zone climate control is worth it. The rest is neither here nor there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some options are definitely "luxury" options as none of these are needed. To start, Level 2 gets you remote start. I don't see myself ever using it, but many people do. The Level 2 package gets you the 115V power outlet also. You get painted door handles instead of the textured black, the media hub with USB ports, front and rear park sensors, rain sense wipers (again, something I won't use), remote proximity sensors, rear under seat storage and, as mentioned, something of a security system.

One thing to consider though, is the potential resale value of the options. I learned many years ago to get the options that others might want because that demand gets paid back in resale value. I bought a 1994 GMC Sierra 4x4. The Z71 option was only a couple hundred more dollars, but I didn't think I needed the skid plates and the off road shocks. When I went to sell that truck, the Z71 was getting almost $2k more because that's what everyone wanted. A small upfront cost may bring a higher price in the end.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For 2021, the auto AC is available in both trim levels, according to ramtrucks.com.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a new Rebel. The local dealer has one with a Level 1 package. It also has a $245 remote start option which I believe is included in the Level 2 package. I know Level 2 lists things such as dual-zone climate control, rain-sensing wipers, rear under seat storage, rear USB hub. Level 2 also lists a security alarm feature. The salesperson tried to tell me that even the Level 1 would sound an alarm if the glass was broken. I then asked what did the security alarm feature do...and I got a blank stare.

Does anyone have more accurate insight? I am thinking that Level 2 is probably worth the extra $, especially since this one already has $245 towards that $1,000 difference.
My suggestion would be for you to go at Ram.com and build and price the truck that you would like and look at the options and compare the list for both level 1 and level 2, that’s what I did but I had to use Ram.ca for the Canadian website, must be comparable.
It is cheaper to get the options from the mfg than to add them later from the dealer, and some options are not available once the truck is built.

Nova90

Reaction score
My suggestion would be for you to go at Ram.com and build and price the truck that you would like and look at the options and compare the list for both level 1 and level 2, that’s what I did but I had to use Ram.ca for the Canadian website, must be comparable.
It is cheaper to get the options from the mfg than to add them later from the dealer, and some options are not available once the truck is built.
Yes, I think I am going to end up that route. I am working with Mark Dodge, as recommended on this forum, to build and price a new Rebel.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Man, those rain sense wipers are easily in my top 10 features... probably top 5. So nice to have in on-and-off rain and drizzle. Set it and forget it.
Couldn’t agree more , I didn’t think I’d ever use the feature then one day I tried it and it’s awesome . Remote start I use all the time to help warm up the truck in the winter while I’m scraping windows .

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I blame remote start and long idle times for my 10.X mpg on screen, but yet I am not changing my ways haha.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The best add on electronic feature for me is the adaptive cruise control, I’ve had it in all three of my Jeep Trailhawks and I definitely wanted that feature on my Rebel. It does take some getting used to, I used keep my foot on the brake pedal in case it did not stop, but it never failed, unless the conditions did not allow the systems to operate, like dirty sensors, but a warning would alarm to notify you. A total of almost 200,000km of driving.

edgarrian

Reaction score
The best add on electronic feature for me is the adaptive cruise control, I’ve had it in all three of my Jeep Trailhawks and I definitely wanted that feature on my Rebel. It does take some getting used to, I used keep my foot on the brake pedal in case it did not stop, but it never failed, unless the conditions did not allow the systems to operate, like dirty sensors, but a warning would alarm to notify you. A total of almost 200,000km of driving.
My wife's mazda has this as well. She loves it as I do. I wish my 2019 rebel had that. The only gripe I have with adaptive cruise control is when you do slow down b/c of slower traffic. The adaptive Cruise control is a bit aggressive getting back to speed when the car doesn't sense another car in front of it. Basically when u get in the left lane to pass the slower traffic it will accelerate much harder than i ever would to get back that 5 MPH that it lost. Weird I guess.

Im also ready for the entertainment system to really change in the coming years. Automakers can stop putting in there own navigation and spend money on the screens where ur phone would be transferred to the screen.. Basically they need to allow more apps to function from ur phone onto the screens. Better voice control which is much better than even a few years ago. Still needs work. I have business apps that track my business miles that would surely be nice if they were accessible from the screen. I look forward to where all this goes as far as the driving experience. Hopefully when im 60. The dang car will drive me home without me needing to do anything

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife's mazda has this as well. She loves it as I do. I wish my 2019 rebel had that. The only gripe I have with adaptive cruise control is when you do slow down b/c of slower traffic. The adaptive Cruise control is a bit aggressive getting back to speed when the car doesn't sense another car in front of it. Basically when u get in the left lane to pass the slower traffic it will accelerate much harder than i ever would to get back that 5 MPH that it lost. Weird I guess.

Im also ready for the entertainment system to really change in the coming years. Automakers can stop putting in there own navigation and spend money on the screens where ur phone would be transferred to the screen.. Basically they need to allow more apps to function from ur phone onto the screens. Better voice control which is much better than even a few years ago. Still needs work. I have business apps that track my business miles that would surely be nice if they were accessible from the screen. I look forward to where all this goes as far as the driving experience. Hopefully when im 60. The dang car will drive me home without me needing to do anything
The adaptive cruise on the Jeep and the Rebel does not perform aggressively like you are describing, I actually find that it is a bit too slow to go back up to the speed that is set, probably to save fuel.

AR_Rebel

Reaction score
the level 2 is worth it for the remote start and parking assist alone. the rest is gravy. As others have said, you'll get some of it back when you trade it in.

Users who are viewing this thread