5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel deployable bed step

MF2020

Reaction score
Where did you find the center step trying to buy one
So... most of us have given up on the center bed step because the MOCO just isn't talking about it at all and the dealers have no clue either. I found some excellent rubber step material and attached it to the center of the back bumper where it dips down and it looks factory and works great. I also put the factory deployable rear step on the left rear tail of the vehicle. So I have a step for when the Multifunction tail gate is open side to side and a step for when the tail gate is lowered. Works great!

troymi

Reaction score
I’m not involved in this issue but supply other parts OE to auto makers including FCA. If you put a bed step in the middle and use your MFTailgate as a drop down then do you expect to be able to use it? I don’t see that as possible and a huge liability. FCA lawyers probably saw a guy on the step release the tailgate and knock him down as the shift mechanism failed and ran him over.

just saying. There could be some issues.

MF2020

Reaction score
I’m not involved in this issue but supply other parts OE to auto makers including FCA. If you put a bed step in the middle and use your MFTailgate as a drop down then do you expect to be able to use it? I don’t see that as possible and a huge liability. FCA lawyers probably saw a guy on the step release the tailgate and knock him down as the shift mechanism failed and ran him over.

just saying. There could be some issues.
So... let me see, your thinking that some one would actually deploy the center bed step, stand on it and then put the tail gate down on top of themselves? would this be like standing on the side steps and then trying to open your door? I really hope no one is doing these things because I will have lost faith in all human kind ever surviving much longer. LOL. I guess we may never know what has happened to the proposed center bed step but your guess is as good as any. LOL LOL

Memphsi87

Reaction score
My 2020 with MFT didn’t come with the center step but the build sheet stated it was included . Called the dealer 1 hour After i got home and noticed it. Going in tomorrow to have them install it free of charge. We’ll see which one it is. To the left of the bumper or towards the middle step? We will see

STR

Reaction score
^^^ You must also have the Bed Utility Group, or some other package as the MFT alone does not include the deployable step per FCA. I have a 2020 Rebel w/the MFT, and the deployable step is not on the build sheet.

Memphsi87

Reaction score
^^^ You must also have the Bed Utility Group, or some other package as the MFT alone does not include the deployable step per FCA. I have a 2020 Rebel w/the MFT, and the deployable step is not on the build sheet.
I did have the the utility group package. Just got it put on today at Napelton dealership, although they gave me the one on the left side of the bumper, but honestly that one is probably more useful then the one in the middle

STR

Reaction score
At least you can use it when the tailgate in down (y)

Users who are viewing this thread