5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Air Suspension Leveling

jman17

Reaction score
I feel like I’ve read every post on this forum, but maybe I am missing something somewhere…🤷‍♂️
Can someone fill me in on leveling an air suspension Rebel? The ReadyLift 1.5” level looks like it gives reverse rake…anyone have experience? Looks perfect on non-rebels.

What if I just get a set of the adjustable links and set them at like 1.5” in front…will that give me a level or close to level stance without messing up ride comfort? I understand it’s stiffening the bag up so it would seem you are creating a harsher ride but some say at 1.5” or less, the ride doesn’t change…is that true?

And finally….if I could just do the links up front, or otherwise get the truck level with Air Suspension…could I throw on a 34.5 - 35” tire or would aero still rub?

Sorry, point me to where I’ve missed the info if I have. I just can’t seem to find clear and concise answers to these questions.

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
I put the revel links and daystar spacers on my Rebel, and without actually measuring front and back it looks pretty level. I’m going to be adding wheels and going to be getting 35’s, all the info I’ve seen here says they’ll work.

Otherwise if you stay metric with your whee size there’s one that is really close to a 35 but slightly narrower. Custom offsets has a conversion calculator on their site that is easy to play around with.

jman17

Reaction score
I put the revel links and daystar spacers on my Rebel, and without actually measuring front and back it looks pretty level. I’m going to be adding wheels and going to be getting 35’s, all the info I’ve seen here says they’ll work.

Otherwise if you stay metric with your whee size there’s one that is really close to a 35 but slightly narrower. Custom offsets has a conversion calculator on their site that is easy to play around with.
Thanks! Did you try links without the spacers at first or went straight for the spacer set-up? Install yourself?

Ramrebel44

Reaction score
Thanks! Did you try links without the spacers at first or went straight for the spacer set-up? Install yourself?
I bought the whole kit from revel including the upper control arms. I had them pre-adjust the links as well. I had it done at a local off road shop and they redid the alignment afterwards.

I enjoy tinkering with stuff but that would definitely be out of my league.

Cobalt 23

Reaction score
I am interested in leveling my 2022 Longhorn by lowering the rear with Revel rear links. Has anyone had a good, or bad experience doing this?

Motoscout

Reaction score
I feel like I’ve read every post on this forum, but maybe I am missing something somewhere…🤷‍♂️
Can someone fill me in on leveling an air suspension Rebel? The ReadyLift 1.5” level looks like it gives reverse rake…anyone have experience? Looks perfect on non-rebels.

What if I just get a set of the adjustable links and set them at like 1.5” in front…will that give me a level or close to level stance without messing up ride comfort? I understand it’s stiffening the bag up so it would seem you are creating a harsher ride but some say at 1.5” or less, the ride doesn’t change…is that true?

And finally….if I could just do the links up front, or otherwise get the truck level with Air Suspension…could I throw on a 34.5 - 35” tire or would aero still rub?

Sorry, point me to where I’ve missed the info if I have. I just can’t seem to find clear and concise answers to these questions.

Not sure if you figured out a solution yet, but I used AirLinks (https://airlinksgc.com/shop/ols/products/19-20-ram-1500/v/19-21-RAM-DS-FULL) with the dayspacers. It's not a perfect level, but after months of asking around and looking into it and most shops laughing me out after I said I wanted to level an Air Ride, I figured for 250 smackers this was worth a shot. It's not hard to revert back to stock and short of tearing out the Air Ride and putting in a completely new suspension I couldn't find another way to fit 35's on the truck. There is some minor trimming needed on the mud flaps depending on the tire you go with.

The links come pre set but you can adjust them if you're not happy with it. I haven't messed with mine. The Air Ride still works and the ride is a little more stiff as expected. There are some concerns about the ball joints taking a beating on the UCAs but I'll cross that bridge if it ever comes. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Especially for how cheap it was.

IMG_0179-WEB.jpg
IMG_0134-WEB.jpg

jman17

Reaction score
Not sure if you figured out a solution yet, but I used AirLinks (https://airlinksgc.com/shop/ols/products/19-20-ram-1500/v/19-21-RAM-DS-FULL) with the dayspacers. It's not a perfect level, but after months of asking around and looking into it and most shops laughing me out after I said I wanted to level an Air Ride, I figured for 250 smackers this was worth a shot. It's not hard to revert back to stock and short of tearing out the Air Ride and putting in a completely new suspension I couldn't find another way to fit 35's on the truck. There is some minor trimming needed on the mud flaps depending on the tire you go with.

The links come pre set but you can adjust them if you're not happy with it. I haven't messed with mine. The Air Ride still works and the ride is a little more stiff as expected. There are some concerns about the ball joints taking a beating on the UCAs but I'll cross that bridge if it ever comes. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Especially for how cheap it was.

View attachment 128876
View attachment 128877
Thanks for the info!!!
Man, your truck looks perfect. How do you like the diamondback? It’s on my list.
And what wheels are those? I just ordered some raceline’s, but those look great.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We also sell links. We make two styles of links, plastic link ends and metal link ends. We ran both on our truck and both work equally as well. We ran only front links on our truck but we can make rear links to lower the rear slightly if you wanted. Our Rebel had air suspension and we tested lots of different setups. Overall I was happiest between 1" to 1.25" in the front and nothing in the rear. With this setup we were close to level but the rear was still slightly higher. We still ran 33" tires but have had many customers run 35" tires with our links with no issues. In my opinion, if you go much over 1.25" lift with air links, it starts to ride rough. Let us know if we can help any of you.

Metal Links:

Plastic Link Ends:

Our other 5th Gen offerings:

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
I bought all new tires/rims with Readylift a few weeks back:

35x12.5R20LT Nitto Ridge Grappler Hybrid AT/MT 35/12.5/20 Tire
20x10 Black Tint Wheel Fuel Blitz D674 6x5.5 -18
ReadyLIFT 1.5" Leveling kit with UCA and Factory Air Suspension (19-22 Ram 1500 4WD)

I was "told" by Trailbuilt that this combo would not rub but that was not the case. I did have to do some trimming which was neither here nor there.. What is really bothering me is that my truck looks like it is sitting higher in the front than the back.. I emailed ReadyLIFT and they mentioned that this shouldn't happen. When I measure (according to their instructions), the front is close to 1.00" higher than back. I get that it's not going to be perfect numbers all around but it's noticeable. I'm going to give it some more miles to see if it'll all settle a bit.. If not, I maybe looking at purchasing some links for the front.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

ReadyLIFT 1.5" Leveling kit with UCA and Factory Air Suspension (19-22 Ram 1500 4WD)

I was "told" by Trailbuilt that this combo would not rub but that was not the case. I did have to do some trimming which was neither here nor there.. What is really bothering me is that my truck looks like it is sitting higher in the front than the back.. I emailed ReadyLIFT and they mentioned that this shouldn't happen. When I measure (according to their instructions), the front is close to 1.00" higher than back. I get that it's not going to be perfect numbers all around but it's noticeable. I'm going to give it some more miles to see if it'll all settle a bit.. If not, I maybe looking at purchasing some links for the front.
We have links for the front and can make them for the rear as well. If you end up going the link route, we can help with whatever you need.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I ordered your front links 2 days ago. Just waiting for them to arrive. Do you have a cheat sheet or guide on how much the truck will raise/lower per thread?
I think those were a two or three day label. I'll look at the tracking and see. Did you get the email with the tracking number? I have my own cheat sheet I built that worked on my 2019 Rebel. That being said, each truck is slightly different and non Rebels are slightly different. I should have them set at close to 1" lift when they arrive to you. You can message me with any specific requests and I should be able to get you close. I have instructions on my website and I can email you instructions or walk you through it on the phone as well. 480-239-3148

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
I think those were a two or three day label. I'll look at the tracking and see. Did you get the email with the tracking number? I have my own cheat sheet I built that worked on my 2019 Rebel. That being said, each truck is slightly different and non Rebels are slightly different. I should have them set at close to 1" lift when they arrive to you. You can message me with any specific requests and I should be able to get you close. I have instructions on my website and I can email you instructions or walk you through it on the phone as well. 480-239-3148

I did receive them yesterday and will try to get them installed on Sunday. I'll PM you if I have any issues while trying to adjust ride height.. I'm looking to dropping the front just a WEEE bit. Thank you for following up and keeping track

Terrible_One

Reaction score

It's probably not going to "settle" over a few days like a coil spring setup. What you can do is get the lowering links and use those to either raise the rear or lower the front. Easy day.

Users who are viewing this thread