5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rearview Mirror Dimming

Vilas15

Reaction score
I know I don't have the auto dimming rearview mirror, but the few times I've reached for a latch to manually dim my mirror, there's nothing there. Am I just dumb and can't find the lever or is there really no dimming ability on the standard mirror? Haven't actually taken the time to look at the mirror in the daylight since I forget soon after my failed attempts.

taz2016

Reaction score
You sure you don't have auto dim? Does your rearview mirror have a dark area (sensor) lower center, if I remember correctly. Mine was turned off and it took me awhile going through the menus in the center display to find where to activate dimming.

Vilas15

Reaction score
You sure you don't have auto dim? Does your rearview mirror have a dark area (sensor) lower center, if I remember correctly. Mine was turned off and it took me awhile going through the menus in the center display to find where to activate dimming.
I'll have to check the options. Is it a standard feature? My dealer went though every option and I don't remember seeing that in the settings.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If there is not a tab on the bottom of the mirror, you have an auto dimming mirror.
You will find the settings to activate it in the menus in the center touchscreen

Kooch80

Reaction score
When you manually turn on your backup camera there is a button for auto dim mirror

Users who are viewing this thread