5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rearrange Apple CarPlay home screen layout?

bigoldthor

Reaction score
On Apple CarPlay's Uconnect home screen, the left half is Apple Maps and the right half is split between I think "Phone" (top right) and "Now Playing" (bottom right). I've rearranged the order of apps in my iPhone's CarPlay settings, but there is nothing there that I can find that lets you change this home screen layout. I'd like to use different apps in these three positions, but I'm thinking it's not possible. Anyone know?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On Apple CarPlay's Uconnect home screen, the left half is Apple Maps and the right half is split between I think "Phone" (top right) and "Now Playing" (bottom right). I've rearranged the order of apps in my iPhone's CarPlay settings, but there is nothing there that I can find that lets you change this home screen layout. I'd like to use different apps in these three positions, but I'm thinking it's not possible. Anyone know?
Not to my knowledge, no. But I typically launch Google Maps before I plug in my phone and switch to CarPlay, so I’m not using the Home screen.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I can't recall the specifics, but here's what I remember last time I tried this > When I changed the order on my iPhone, it would populate to the truck screen. But true to Apple form, there are some icons that could not be moved or removed.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
I can't recall the specifics, but here's what I remember last time I tried this > When I changed the order on my iPhone, it would populate to the truck screen. But true to Apple form, there are some icons that could not be moved or removed.
Yeah, that's what I found out. You can reorder them in the iPhone app, and if you swipe to the 2nd and 3rd screens on Uconnect, they will be in the same order. But that first screen, the one with the three sections mentioned in my OP, just doesn't look like it can be changed. I know this is a first-world problem, but it *is* annoying.

stlblues

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I found out. You can reorder them in the iPhone app, and if you swipe to the 2nd and 3rd screens on Uconnect, they will be in the same order. But that first screen, the one with the three sections mentioned in my OP, just doesn't look like it can be changed. I know this is a first-world problem, but it *is* annoying.
I can see this OP is three years old but wondering if you or anyone else ever figured this out? It's hard fro me to believe that you can't change.

Users who are viewing this thread