5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window leak

i_squared_r

Reaction score
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie. Last year the 3rd brake light leaked and I put a different gasket thanks to info that I read on this forum. At the time, I noticed that my rear window frame had 2 cracks, but it didn't appear to leak. So I was in Colombia for 3 months and I just returned to the USA with a strong mildew smell in the rear carpet. I've thrown every chemical that I could find and it's not helping so I will need to change the carpet. I sprayed the rear window with the hose and confirmed that it's leaking. I have full glass coverage, has anyone put this through insurance? Do they replace the frame too? Just want to confirm before the glass gets damaged.

RamGuy32

Reaction score
Yes they replace the entire frame. Mine is currently in the shop for the second time (2019). It's being covered by my Geico MBI plan in addition to some smaller items (overhead console door, parking sensors malfunction). Geico is covering it all. I just hope this second window is somehow newer parts that weren't available in 2021 when I did the first one.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
To clarify what RamGuy said, they have to replace the frame. They cannot replace just the glass as the glass and frame are bonded together.

Benny1

Reaction score
I’ve got mine in the shop for leaky rear window, 3 weeks ago they replaced the 3rd brake light, 2nd time, they still believe it may be the 3rd brake light if not they’ve got a new rear glass. Would be my 3rd. Also have had headliner replaced! I’ve got my fingers crossed but doughtfull it will be fixed for long!! Good thing mine falls under the xtended mfg wty on 3rd brake light and rear glass! But to be a forever issue. 🥲

Users who are viewing this thread